Anyone know when or if we can expect a version of the Curve with both ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mordi no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS + Wifi -- If/When?

Advertisement

Anyone know when or if we can expect a version of the Curve with both GPS and Wifi? I'd like to dump my Pearl for a Curve but can't decide whether I'd rather choose between the 8320 and 8310 or wait until I can get both features.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: GPS + Wifi -- If/When?

Next year......
    BB8900 is mine!

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Don't know if we will see a Curve with all of the goodies. RIM claims that they cannot fit all of the features into the small form factor (camer, GPS, and WIFI). I agree that we will probable see this type of device next year, but probably not in the Curve form factor, probably some new and interesting form factor that all will fall in love with or completely hate. Who knows though??

rennyc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2422A078

If you really want a curve, i would say go for the 8320(TMO). It has WIFI and you can get very good GPS with the addition of the new verson of Google Maps. Believe it or not, it is pretty damn accurate without a GPS reciever embedded.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I'd say its 2 years away. We are only starting to get video. Then will have the 9000 then maybe a bit later we might get GPS and wifi. There is no reason to bring it out now cause where do the go after that.
    In Ireland we are still waiting on the new curves
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well if RIM wants to remain competitive in the smartphone market they will have to release it soon. The Pearl2 is rumored to have all of the above (so it may be sooner than we think to see all of this functionality in one device, and the 8820 has it already if not wanting the camera, which I could care less about). Alot of the newer WM devices are starting to have all of this functionality as well as the symbian devices having the functionality. Add all of that up and RIM will have to release it if they want to be competitive in the handset market (some of the other devices already have BB connect, so they have all of the functionality and the BB email greatness, the only thing missing is stability, and symbian has that, now as for WM......).

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

As far as all in one probably never. It's a good way of marketing. Att will have the GPS customers and tmobile will have the WI-FI customers. You can unlock the phones but a large percentage of customers aren't as knowledge savy as us and simply don't understand the process.

Although you can get a Wi-Fi and add bluetooth GPS but you can never add Wi-Fi. (This is where I stick out my tongue and giggle at all the ATT people)

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The 8320 only supports wifi and the 8310 only has GpS, both have cameras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
    Am I missing something or does no one know what the 8320 is. The 8320 is the GPS/Camera/Wi-fi its already out i can buy one now....

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices...d=H0,C221,P623

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I have the 8320 and it doesn't have GPS already in a package. You can have an external puck(reciever) and a program downloaded and get GPS in that fashion.

The information given at the time of release was incorrect.

Sorry to rain on your parade

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes you are missing something as the 8320 has no GPS. It was oriignally annoinced to have it, but the post production units don't (or maybe it is locked by the OS and Vendor like Verizon does). I have the 8320 so I know, but if you can get one with it, pick up 2 (get one for me as I am interested)!!

Let's start a new rumor that the 8320 has it, it is just locked to where we can not access it. That should be good for a laugh and a few tears.

Zim is too fast for me. Hey some of us have to work.
    Last edited by squeakr; 12-10-2007 at 01:07 PM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You got it because the unofficial initial pre-release info said that it would have all the features and we all hoped it would. This is how rumors get started. No harm no foul, you just remembered the initial info.