Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by ericksonmj Load Telenav for altell and you will get the right service ... BlackBerry Curve forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ericksonmj View Post
    Load Telenav for altell and you will get the right service books to reenable the gps on alltel. Dont know why but it works. I have 127 loaded and that was the only thing that brought the GPS back to life.
    Do you have to sign up for the free trial or anything or just load it on your device?

ericksonmj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Signed up for the free trial and than canceled it from the phone the nest day. GPS is still working.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Will give it a shot, Thanks.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have used the trial before and even subscribed for a while. I will have to see if there is a time commitment or if I can use it for a month then dump it.....hmmmm
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Guessing they just don't like me because it says my signal isn't strong enough yet BB maps works fine.

tigsgal1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had this issue with a customer the other day, make sure that your location is turned on in your phone settings.
    His GPS would not show up at all, until we turned the location on.
    (good luck you guys!)
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished,
    No Act of Charity Goes Unresented"
    From the Broadway Play, Wicked

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah that's what my alltel rep told me. Mines always on though, so that's not the problem. Ericksonmj, did it charge your phone bill? I was about to do it, but it told me that by continuing I would be charged 9.99 on my bill and get a 30 day trial? So do I pretty much have to pay for a month? Anyone know of another way to get the service books?

yeah, my gps location was on too, but it just wouldn't work on the newer OS. I just downgraded to 4.5.0.89 this morning, started BB Maps, and it found my location right away.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    So azstar the downgrade worked and Docs is still good as well? I guess I will downgrade tonight and see what happens. If its not one thing its another.

I'm sdure that mms/docs conflict is still there. I dumped DTG, wasn't using it and its amemory hog

I had the same nightmare... SImply put I installed Telenav and ran it. Once I used it, permissions were set up correctly and unlocked GPS. Google Maps now works and BB Maps works as well.

Alltel does not support the gps service. Here is what you have to do. Go to applications and delete telnav. Go to service books and delete telnav. Then either resend the servicebooks through bis or do an hrt refresh. Then that will bring up the orange telenav icon. click on it and install. It may say that the modules are already there. Over write them. Then it may reboot. after the reboot or batt pull open telenav (now its blue) then agree to the terms of service. It will then say you have to pay 9.99 a month if you want to use it. Close telenav. Open bb maps and enjoy the gps is now unlocked.

TELENAV would not cancel via phone call so... I cancelled TeleNav through my Blackberry without uninstalling App.
    All GPS programs are working now.
    Last edited by ericksonmj; 03-19-2009 at 09:11 PM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ericksonmj View Post

Alltel does not support the gps service.
    Alltel supports GPS fully. There was no issue at all with BB Maps, Google Maps or anything else until the .127 upgrade.

Well, the only thing working for gps now is BB Maps. Google Maps, iheartradio, and others are saying gps not available. I tried with bbmaps running with a correct lock on my location and with it closed :s

Better than nothing, but not right. At least google maps is usually impressively acurate even with cell triangulation.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    At least google maps is usually impressively acurate even with cell triangulation.
    I'm glad this is the case for you. Depending on where I am at in town it will either show me 36 miles away in Salina or 103 miles away in Manhattan Kansas.

Okay, the bad part of having a head injury what I want to say and what whats said, or wrote isnt always the same, 127 does not fully support the GPS, its missing service books that are needed, Telenav loads those service books. Before loading it nothing, nadda, no go on GPS. After loading it works great, right on the money with BB Maps and Google, before loading it never found my location after upgrading to 127.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast