Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey guys. I'm on an alltel 8330 and recently I haven't been able to get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3

GPS stopped working?

Advertisement

Hey guys. I'm on an alltel 8330 and recently I haven't been able to get a GPS lock for the life of me. It worked flawlessly for about the first 3 months, then I stopped using it for a while, and now all of a sudden it can't get a fix. Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that I upgraded the OS, so maybe it messed something up? I don't know, I just miss the convenience of it, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have noticed the same thing since I did the last upgrade too. GPS inavailable, can't find satellites even outside. And I live in AZ, with wide open skies and access to tons of satellites but the phone is just not working. I keep saying I'm going to try a lower OS version or maybe, ugh, call alltel and see what they say.....but I have been so busy.....maybe I will call them later today *sigh
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Lol good to know I'm not the only one with problems. Lemme know if u find anything out. I will also try callin them. (God it almost hurts to say that)

Gahhhh, I almost had the thought of calling them driven out of my head, then you have to go bringing it up again
    Twitter? My Apps List

harrison17 no está en línea Stack level 1
    it seems to be an os issue with .127. theres a thread about it on crackberry.com http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/all...8330-a-179234/

Lol don't worry about it az, I took care of it. He said downgrade to at least 4.5.0.89. I'm runnin .127 right now. When I get home I guess I'll try that. Hopefully that fixes it. Btw az, I asked em about tethering too. He said unless u pay their 30 bones a month fee that it uses minutes or somethin? I think I remember u sayin u tether without payin 30 bucks a month so is he full of crap or should I be careful about it?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have had the same issue, It started when I installed 4.5.0.89 and has not worked since.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Downgrading to .89 probably won't fix the problem because its what started it for me. Also if you tether on off peak hours it doesn't charge but using it on peak hours then yes it will use your minutes.

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    Well isn't alltel part of verazion now. Hope they aren't. Killing it for u guys now with the gps crap

Ugh so not even 4.5.0.89 works? The customer support guy sent me an e-mail and it says to go to .122... I guess I'll start there and work my way down til gps works. I'll let u guys know how far I have to regress to get my gps back

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Unless I missed it Alltel never had a .122. Let us know if it worked I love me some GPS...lol

Lol if they didn't then those alltel reps need some edja-mu-catin

I may downgrade later and see what happens, ugh, I have so many 3rs party apps to reregister when I do this I will do some reading, choose an OS version and post back with my results. Ugh again, that means I will get the annoying speakerphone thing back!

I tend to tether on weekends or after 7 PM so if it uses minutes it won't matter. But I tend to have plenty of extra minutes each month too so no worries there.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Any updates from anybody? I haven't had five extra minutes to mess around with my os, so its still in my to-do list lol.

And yeah az that's what I'm gonna do too. They tried to tell me that they'd see the data usage and charge me for it anyway. I got pissed an gave em a good talkin to. When I was done he said "well, feel free to do it, but if you ever have to call in for customer support again they will see that and they will not help you." I told him that's rediculous but fine cuz they didn't help me out this time anyway. Ugh frustrating lol.

ericksonmj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Load Telenav for altell and you will get the right service books to reenable the gps on alltel. Dont know why but it works. I have 127 loaded and that was the only thing that brought the GPS back to life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast