Greetings, I would like to ask about the GPS in the BlackBerry Curve 8900. Is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GraphiXation no está en línea Stack level 1

Question GPS Programs

Advertisement

Greetings,

I would like to ask about the GPS in the BlackBerry Curve 8900. Is there a special program or file that I should download? I would like a map for a special country/region or if there is a world wide map that's fine also.

Please I would really appreciate it if someone helps me out with this ASAP.

Regards,

Khalnath no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2096DDEC
    BlackBerry Maps and Google Maps are both free downloads, but will use your data plan to download maps. Google Maps is the more full featured of the two.

Transit route planning + GPS has made public transit far less painful for me since getting my Bold.

Also, see this thread.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Amazegps is one more and its free too, same as google maps or bbmaps will use your data to get the maps
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    Try telmap its great and have voice command its cost but worth it
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I love amaze gps I've been using it for over a year now. IMHO, it is the best and it's voice activated

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Amazegps is one more and its free too, same as google maps or bbmaps will use your data to get the maps
    Sorry but for me amaze dosnt work
    Every time I try to uplod it I get communication error
    Please help by the way I'm not remmber if I edit my profile I will do it soon I have got 8220
    Last edited by ohad_129; 05-21-2009 at 04:24 PM.

maxxijazz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Have a look at http://www.sportypal.com
    It's more a workout app, but also it use Google Maps to show you the location, it's a new software i think is still a beta version. But works nice and it's ok for playing with it and discovering the GPS abilities

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    For me, Amaze is the best hands down as far as functionality and value. It's free, updates itself, and gives spoken and visual turn by turn directions. If I miss my turn, it automatically recalculates the fastest route.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Amaze is a pretty cool gps app for me.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

suaizi no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm using 8707g. I've tried every other way to install amazegps but it always end up with the yellow bar "communication problem". I've tried both BIS and BES. At one time I manage to get to the login page but it just hang there without any activity for at least half an hour and I just close the application and re-installing again and again. Anyone have any idea how to go about it? Thanks in advance.
    BlackBerry8707/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/144

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by suaizi View Post
    I'm using 8707g. I've tried every other way to install amazegps but it always end up with the yellow bar "communication problem". I've tried both BIS and BES. At one time I manage to get to the login page but it just hang there without any activity for at least half an hour and I just close the application and re-installing again and again. Anyone have any idea how to go about it? Thanks in advance.
    BlackBerry8707/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/144
    Your device does not have internal GPS, so this application would not work without an external GPS puck.

rugmankc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Amaze is not voice activated, unless it changed recently. It is a decent free app, but I got a lot of gray tiles while driving. Not sure why, but seemed it could not keep up with my driving speed (normal) or coverage was not good in my area, South West Ohio. If you are are a serious user TeleNav is great. Voice activated, and you can type or call in the address.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; 8700g; 8900; Carrier-Cincinnati Bell: Future Bold Owner

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I like the new GOOGLE Maps too. It follows along quite well with no delays and plenty of info!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!