I have recently downloaded the Geocaching navigator for my BB Curve 8330. however i am ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ralliartevo no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS Problems

Advertisement

I have recently downloaded the Geocaching navigator for my BB Curve 8330. however i am in the Verizon Wireless network. Is there anyway to put the original BB GPS back on my phone and get my new program to work. VZ navigator is also off my phone becasue it sucks. how can i get the original back since it was never on my phone in the first place when i bought it ?

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    You will find lots lots of posts concerning Verizon locking the GPS on their phones. The only semi-functional work around still involves a vznavigator subscription.

Google maps and others will still work with triangulation but not true gps without ponying up the money for verizons program.

Check mobile.blackberry.com to download bbmaps.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 11-17-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: removed search reference

well thats what i was scared of! lol why would verizon disable a a gps thats already there and better.... i can get the verizon navigator but i am not sure if it will work with that software. well thanks for the help i really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 11-17-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: format edit

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    vznav will not work with any other app. it works only with itself
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

even the geocaching app....? thats crap. best network my *** lol

MysticMoonstone no está en línea Stack level 2
    no Verizon blocked all other GPS... cept for their 10/month service of course

Wow. that really sucks. i wish there was a way around the vz navigator. i dont like it at all. the people at the verizon store beefed it up like it was the the best thing since sliced bread. i was very unimpressed by its capabilities. in that case if anyone else has verizon do they have any Geocaching software ? i am not having any luck finding it if there is.

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    No real luck there. I too was unimpressed with navigator. However, I successfully used another gps app by opening vznavigator and doing an application switcher operation to gpsed. It worked somewhat but not well enough to do any real geocaching. I don't think you can punch lat and lon into vznavigator.

Sorry to bear the bad news. But know you are not alone and that there are rumors of hope on the horizon. The are small glimmers, but its still hope nonetheless.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I've talked to my reps from Telenav and they say that you can use Telenav on VZW but I think the whole purpose is going around of paying the $10 a month for the service am I correct?

cwt341 no está en línea Stack level 2
    with out paying for verizons gps service you cant really use it cuz they have it locked down