ok, my company just purchased phones through a reseller of verizon(one communications) and the gps ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

gps on verizon reseller

Advertisement

ok,

my company just purchased phones through a reseller of verizon(one communications) and the gps doesnt work with them. since verizon is providing gps to the customers now, i was wondring since we are technically o nthe verizon network, if there is a way to get around the gps issues with one communications so we can get it workign on our bb's. i have tried moosetrax and gpsd to get it going, and it got nowhere. i then tried telnav, but it said i needed to contact our carrier to allow telnav.

any ideas anyone?
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    only thing that works is bbmaps, you can try google maps, just not very accurate

or just bitch and whine til every phone has vznav
    My blackberry is anti-Obama Bin Llama

no... even bbmaps doesnt work. there is no gps enabled. its still locked down. just trying to figure out how to get around the resellers block since the main network it runs on supports the gps now.

Conv3rt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did you go into the Options screen and turn the GPS location option to on?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yes. i have it properly configured. i talked to the reseller and they said they do not support the gps service. but i figured since they use the verizon network for their services and verizon has it enabled, then there might be a workaround. perhaps changing a gateway in the service books or something