Is anyone using a bluetooth GPS receiver with their Curve? I was looking at the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jrhertel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E1B23

GPS on the Curve

Advertisement

Is anyone using a bluetooth GPS receiver with their Curve? I was looking at the TOM TOM Navigator 6 however I do not see Blackberry listed as being supported. I know Cingular has one on their website but it sounds like I'd have to pay the $10/month for that to work (TeleNAV). Help?

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

Re: GPS on the Curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I highly recommend the TeleNav service. I've been using it for about six months now. I used it on my Pearl and am now using it on my Curve. If you will be using it a lot, it is definitely worth the the the 10 bucks. Give it shot. You can always cancel it if you don't find it useful.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I believe that both BB maps and the latest version of google will work with Bluetooth GPS units and wouldn't cost extra if your BB data plan iis unlimited. There should be several GPS units that work with the Curve. I haven't tried it yet, so can't really help more than this.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Gruv, have you tried using BB Maps or Google Maps with you GPS? What is the Difference between these and TelNav? What is the advantage?

Thanks for your help
    Rcbjr

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~telnav is like a beefed up and faster mapquest navigator, it has the voice directions and stuff....

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks, just wanted to know what you got for $10.00 per month. And is that the unlimited route price?

Rcbjr

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

richard - the telenav is great if you get lost a lot lol...just kidding
    if you are a salesman and rely on addresses and finding locations, the telenav will def be worth the $10. they do have a 'package' that is pay per route, or you get like 5 for a certain amount...sorry, can't remember. i subscribed to it because i fall into that first category and it re-routes too if you deviate from the plan

bbmaps and google maps are cool - i actually haven't used either one WITH gps...but have used google maps several times for directions on the spot.

jrhertel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E1B23

I had the TeleNAV $10/month service with my 8800 and I liked it a lot. I've also used google maps but the only GPS intergration it seemed to have is that it could locate where I am without the need to enter it myself. The TeleNAV was awesome since it had turn-by-turn directions (with voice) and would reroute since I'm an idiot at times and take wrong turns often. Been debating on picking up a TomTom but would rather something integrated with the phone without a subscription fee.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by jrhertel
    Help?
    What do you need? There are a number of GPS apps out there.