I just gpt my first blackbery, and am new at using this. It is model ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cheeber no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS on 8320?? and wifi question

Advertisement

I just gpt my first blackbery, and am new at using this. It is model 8320, the one with wifi, but it does not have gps. I ahve afew questions that some experts may be able to help me with. My sewrvice is with tmobile:

1 - is it possible to operate the 8320 with a blueetooth gps antenna, and gps software for navigation.

2 - i tried connecting the wifi to my router at home and it worked. I called tmobile to learn about the benefits of using the wifi feature, as I understand it it enables you to acccess the network without using aritime minutes. However they say there is an extra monthly fee for this (i think it was $10). My question is if there is any benefit in using the wifi feature without this service? It seems to me - that if roaming (for example traveling to different countries), you could avoid roaming charges if you use wifie, and this may not require the added service from tmobile.

3 - can anyone recommend where to get free downloads/software that are good (for examploe games). I have not yet installed anything on this bby, and will need to figure out how to do this (I assume you load the software on a pc first, like i do with my poscet pc w/windows os)

Thks for any help you can provide.

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: GPS on 8320?? and wifi question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Regarding wifi, you will benefit in signal increase and stability over wifi with or without the 10$ service tmo is offering; with the service you're not gonna use any plan minutes though as long as you're on wifi.
    As for games/themes/apps you can get many in the downloads section or on other sites like getjar.com and installation can be available over the air or through desktop manager on your pc. Good luck.

scapegoat81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: GPS on 8320?? and wifi question

Quote Originally Posted by Mareshalu View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Regarding wifi, you will benefit in signal increase and stability over wifi with or without the 10$ service tmo is offering; with the service you're not gonna use any plan minutes though as long as you're on wifi.
    As for games/themes/apps you can get many in the downloads section or on other sites like getjar.com and installation can be available over the air or through desktop manager on your pc. Good luck.
    RE: BB Curve
    What about connecting to my router at home and surfing the net with sending and recieving email ?

Would T-mobile charge me for this even though i'm connected to my own router ??