I am using ATT service with a blackberry Curve 8310 BIS. My gps has always ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nlaero no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS Not Updating

Advertisement

I am using ATT service with a blackberry Curve 8310 BIS. My gps has always worked fine until around the end of march. My last update is March 26th at 5:27am. When I attempt to update the location under GPS in the options I get an error: "gps location update failed". Any ideas?

PS I am outside, settings are Device GPS, Location On, and Location Aiding Enabled. The gps will not work in Google Maps or Moose Trax either.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    When you update does it scan for satellites, and how many sats does it pick up?
    Mine has does this before. I had to delete Google maps and reinstall to force the push.

iLord is DEAD!

OPENSKY7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    check your gps internal settings in advanced to make sure the gps is actually activated on the berry... some software thing might have disabled it.. its odd but the berry acts like gps is on even when its not... doh !

wheeler77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just wanted to add I had the same problem and found out that you must have the network data ON allowing data transfer.

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You can also go into your options screen then goto your status and type test while viewing the status screen and then run the test and select gps then click on run and it will let u fix your gps from that screen, try it again if it give u a time out try it 3 or 4 times, this was a suggestion to me from another user (sorry can't remember his screen name) but for some people this will work just not vzw customers.