Hey guys! I am a new 8310 user and I absolutely love the device thus ... BlackBerry Curve forum

justinteleven no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS Navigation-New User

Advertisement

Hey guys! I am a new 8310 user and I absolutely love the device thus far. I just have one question....Which application is best for using GPS directions? By best, I mean free and most accurate ;-) Thanks ahead of time!

Justin

E3BK no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    JUST ASK

Re: GPS Navigation-New User

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    BB Maps and Google maps are both free and both are pretty great. Do a search for it and the previous thread should come up.

Hope that helps.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

BBMaps and GoogleMaps are adequate but not great. Neither will give turn by turn voice directions nor will they automatically reroute if you miss a turn. IMHO, it isn't a real good idea to use it for in car navigation unless you have someone looking at the map for you. Their turn by turn directions are text very similar to what you would get on MapQuest.

Make sure you have a BB unlimited data plan as both applications constantly download map segments as you move. You cannot download and store the map data on the device or the sd card.

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Map quest has a good one that is free. It don't have the 3D like telenav has but it is still a good one to use.

www.mapquest.com

Go to the lower left hand corner and that is where you'll find all you need.

lrbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    251e7b8a

Try also Nav4all, I use it and it is very good

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

I too am a new 8310 user and I have been trying out a few of the ones mentioned above. Without a doubt, Telenav is the best for me. I like how it can access my address book to get locations. The different style maps are nice. The driving directions are also very good. A close second is the Mapquest Navigator which is free. It does not have some of the nice features of Telenav but it is free. In my opinion, Google Maps and BBMaps are very limited. But again, they are free.