Hi Anyone recommend a easy app that allows another mobile to send an sms to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GDWhite777 no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS location retrieve

Advertisement

Hi Anyone recommend a easy app that allows another mobile to send an sms to my phone. My BB must then automatically sms my GPS coordinates back.

Plus the app needs to be free. We don't have access to paid apps in SA.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    do you have a data plan? If so... I would recommend Google Maps using the Latitude feature. You'd simply add your friend(s) to your latitude and they can see your location as long as you have google maps running(there's an option to let it run in the bg)

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I was hoping for something more simpler than google maps. Also some thing that another phone can automatically pick up my coordinates by sending a request via SMS.

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    what's the other phone? google maps is offered for lots of different phones. its really not difficult. on my google maps i can view all friends on one screen and pressing the pound key on my bb takes me to their exact location on my map.

Ok. Yes in SA there are still a few standard cell phones still in operation. And if a new friend is seconding me at the canoe race. It would be nice and easy just to send an sms and you can get the coordinates. By the way does google maps use a lot of battery power in the background?

PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    ohh i gotcha. depends on your overall use. Of course any program running on your device will use memory therefore working your battery more. On my 8900 its not drastic. Then again during the day i don't move much as far as distance goes.

Ok awesome. Eventually got thr right app. Buddy Guard. Easy to use once you figure it out. Praise God.