As stated in other 2 threads ive recently posted, i just updated to new 4.5 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

GPS Issue

Advertisement

As stated in other 2 threads ive recently posted, i just updated to new 4.5 OS from Rogers, looks and feels GREAT.

Live in Chicago, never had any issues with GPS. In fact, i use it quite a bit here.

Tried checking some older threads, tried using the methods listed to solve. Stood outside my apt for aboot 20 min trying to "Refresh GPS" under Options (its getting quite cold here and i'm a stones throw from Lake Michigan)

Several tries, and nothing. Wont find me, this has not happend before.

Now GoogleMaps gives me the whole "Your location within 8-900 Meters, waiting on GPS"

Gotta get this up and running.

Any solutions Stackers?

As always, thanks ahead of time to ALL.

Dj Renagade no está en línea Stack level 3
    That really sucks I know how bad gps is needed. Hope u get it fixed~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I never noticed it on (plain) Google Maps but I get the same thing. The reason I've not noticed is because I have Telenav and use that for GPS. I am 8330, 4.5.0.77. I don't know who's OS it is - I just got one from the released list - I think I may have started using it as a beta. I'm gonna check around too. It won't hurt for another user to be looking.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Hey thanks a lot for the help and support guys. Hope to get this resolved. I love being able to use the GPS here in Chi, never had an issue with in on GoogleMaps.I'll keep playing with it.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    SOOOOOOOOO.....No luck with this issue still.

Thanks for all the suggestions i guess

Chknlomein,
    My fellow Mod, Azstar, has informed me that she often has
    to get a GPS fix either with BBMaps or Telenav first before Google Maps will be able to access GPS. It's the same for many other 3rd party GPS apps
    - we both have 8830's using Alltel.

Although your device/carrier is different, maybe you could downloador install BB Maps (if you don't already have it) and try activating your GPS using BB Maps and then see if Google Maps can get your location. It worked for me too without using my GPS program, Telenav.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Hey thanks a lot for checking into this issue for me Jblackfish.

Actually about 15min ago I took my dogs for a walk across the street to the beach, and quickly thought about this issue.

I opened up Advanced Options-GPS, and rereshed GPS as my BB lay on a park bench. It found me in under a minute.

I then tested it by walking around the park and it had me pretty dead on.

When I got back home I decided to test again from inside the apt. It brought me up inside my apt, as I walked back and forth from room to room.

I guess it just took some patience on my behalf. The day I tried to refresh it was pretty cloudy and cold in Chicago. I guess that was the issue.

Thanks A lot to ALL.I appreciate you're greatness.

Chknlomein

~via my BB 8310 Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

So glad you got it working. Nothing grates on a person more than having a non-working feature on his/her favorite toy!...and it's such a relief to get it back.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Yes Sir!!! So much