How do I use GPS? I get to see only EU maps. How to get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rahularora no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2573BE5E

GPS in 8900.... new maps

Advertisement

How do I use GPS? I get to see only EU maps. How to get maps for Asia or India? Please advise.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    when in the maps click the berry button (menu) then select start gps navigation. Google maps is really good with gps too. www.google.com/gmm
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    The maps download as they are needed. If you select a a place in for instance, Pakistan and then tell Maps to give you directions, as you step through the directions the maps will be downloaded to your device.

No maps are actually stored on your device.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

akaushic no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Google Maps for GPS in BB 8900

Noticed that Google Maps shows my wrong location (the blue dot) when I am in my office at Gurgaon and actually shows that I am in some god forsaken place in Jharkhand!
    Whereas when I am at my house in East Delhi ... the blue dot is pretty accurately near my actual location!
    Can't understand this anomaly? Anyone with answers ....?!

jimroe no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by akaushic View Post
    Noticed that Google Maps shows my wrong location (the blue dot) when I am in my office at Gurgaon and actually shows that I am in some god forsaken place in Jharkhand!
    Whereas when I am at my house in East Delhi ... the blue dot is pretty accurately near my actual location!
    Can't understand this anomaly? Anyone with answers ....?!
    When first launched, Google Maps uses cell tower triangulation to determine your location - if you select the "My location" menu it should tell you how accurate it has been able to determine your position but this is only based on how accurate triangulation might be based on how many towers it can "see". Sometimes it's pretty far off - it all depends on the location and number of towers servicing that location.

If you are able to get a GPS lock, then it will become a good deal more accurate - in my case sometimes showing me within a few feet (or less) of where I actually am.

If you're getting a totally wrong location, you're not getting a lock on GPS - you usually must be outside to lock on the GPS satelites.