downloaded the free GPS Nav4All, how do i get my phone to detect a GPS ... BlackBerry Curve forum

db3nz no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS help?? BB SMARTIES CLICK HERE

Advertisement

downloaded the free GPS Nav4All, how do i get my phone to detect a GPS censor??? please help

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Your phone (8320) doesn't have a GSP sensor on it. You can get a GPS puck that receives GPS signals and use that in conjunction with your 8320 - is that what you want to do?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

db3nz no está en línea Stack level 1
    yeah but could you explain in terms that a beginner could understand?

You can buy a device called a GPS puck that can receive GPS satellite signals and connect it to your BB via bluetooth. THen you can get GPS directions, not voice commands though, through your BB as long as you have a carrier signal. IT's very handy but, since there is no voice command using this technique, you should have a non-driver reading the directions - either you if you're not driving or a companion if you are. Gsat makes one of the "pucks" - a number of others are available too. Does that help explain it?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Here is a c net review of a GPS puck.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/gps/globalsa...-32619596.html

Check that out~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by db3nz View Post
    yeah but could you explain in terms that a beginner could understand?
    Thanks, gixxer. There are many others too, db3nz. Some are about the size of a hockey puck, hence the name, and there are others that fit on a keychain. I'm sure if you Google OR look on CNET, etc. you'll find a number of choices. Probably most of them will do the job well. Good luck.