I am awaiting the arrival of my new 8320 and I am trying to get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bobbylew22 no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS for the BB 8320

Advertisement

I am awaiting the arrival of my new 8320 and I am trying to get things in order to be able to load and use this baby. I have been wondering about GPS for this device, is it available and if so where and how do i get it. any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    you need a blue tooth GPS receiver.

Here is mine and where i bought it.

Holux 1200

http://www.buygpsnow.com

blady6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just need to buy the gps bluetooth receiver its that all? And I can get the gps service?

haggisgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use a Freedom Keychain GPS plus Mapquest Navigator (to get turn by turn voice directions). Mapquest Navigator is a subscription service though. You can use your GPS with Blackberry Maps or Google maps but I don't believe you can get the voice directions with either one of those. I could be wrong though because I've never used them.
    Haggisgirl
    Why yes, that is my Miata. And, yes, it has a Ford 302.

aznxsupernova no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the Holux M1200 that I bought from www.buygpsnow.com

It is a bluetooth GPS receiver that will pick up your location when linked to your phone. The GPS signal is free, however... you need more than just that. You need software to display the information your phone receives from the GPS unit. Google Maps is a free application that shows your location on a map. There are several other programs that will give you voice directions, reroute you if you go off the designated route, etc. TeleNav & Mapquest Navigator are two popular GPS applications but a subscription is necessary.

As for the Holux M1200, it is a very small GPS receiver that I keep on my keychain. It has always worked wonderfully for me and my Blackberry 8320. It has a great battery, very convenient size and picks up GPS signal indoors.