Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey guys, thanks for this VERY informative post, I just switched to Verizon and didn't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rhythmco no está en línea Stack level 1

Help needed with Blackberry Maps!

Advertisement

Hey guys, thanks for this VERY informative post, I just switched to Verizon and didn't know I was going to deal with this.....

Anyway, I have the latest operating system, how do i "turn on" GPS in blackberry maps? I can't find anything in the software that even indicates my GPS is actually on and working.

On my 8800 (t-mobile) under the menu there was an option to Start GPS.

Any help? Thanks!

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    You first have to go to options>advanced>gps>turn on location device gps that should allow bb maps to see that your gps is on
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

rhythmco no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    You first have to go to options>advanced>gps>turn on location device gps that should allow bb maps to see that your gps is on

Hey thank you so much for your help! This worked and I can now use GPS with Blackberry Maps. Echoing the others in this thread - what a shame that I can't use GPS with other applications.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    try amazegps its a free turn by turn with voice

also try

wls.live.com windows live search

google maps w lattitude

these are all free by the way. Good luck.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Some where I saw on a thread, for an AT&T hack for bbmaps and GPS, that you could edit part of your vendor file or gps file and trick it into thinking its not a vzw/att phone.. and unlock the gps to third party apps. might look into that, i dont have a vzw phone so i cant try it out
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

omegaf150 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well I think that is what thith is talking about with that line of code he posted. I am surprised that no one has hacked the code to de-cripple the gps.

daboogas94e no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31A52BBF
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    I realize this is only slightly related to the list of applications that support GPS despite Verizon's device crippling touch, but it didn't seem new thread worthy.

I've figured out how Verizon controls access to GPS availability to applications on the 8x30 series of devices. I had a chat with another developer, who informed me of the process by which applications are approved by Verizon for location based services. It was enough information to enable a very targeted analysis of the GPS API internals in the operating system, and I now know how to enable GPS on 3rd party applications for these "crippled" devices.

Application developers can enable GPS acquisition on these 8x30 series devices by including the following line of code in the GPS setup code for your location based applications:
    Code:
    GPSSettings.setPDEInfo("127.0.0.1;12569612;F5468C61EE541421908597C54975B584", 0);
    You'll probably want to verify vendor ID and model number before invoking that code, because on non-Verizon and/or non-8x30 devices, this could break GPS acquisition. These are the same GPS authorization settings that VZNavigator uses.

Do be aware though, that this is an unsanctioned hack which may cease functioning in the future.

Let me know if you find it useful.
    but how do u insert that line of code?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12