Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Since the curve has now been out for a short time. Can anyone share there ... BlackBerry Curve forum

slider8300 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3058d9fc

GPS and The curve need a little feedback

Advertisement

Since the curve has now been out for a short time. Can anyone share there experience with any GPS receivers and navigation software. I am looking to use either Google maps or BB maps.

Not sure which GPS receiver to buy but need to buy before the weekend

Hectorb no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: GPS and The curve need a little feedback

Google maps work very well. A bit slow but well.

mbusaboi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FF4F8A

I currently use Wayfinder Navigator 7 with a bluetooth GPS receiver I purchased from www.geeks.com for only $37.99. Works like a charm! Also, Google maps works great too! Good luck.

jay_man2 no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm happy with google maps, BB maps and telenav, using the GlobalSat BT-359 receiver I bought at an AT&T store for $99.

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

The BT-359 looks pretty good. I've been following it on eBay. If you're lucky it can be had for ~$50-60 plus $10 shipping. Also see this thread.

fmastr no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by slider8300
    Since the curve has now been out for a short time. Can anyone share there experience with any GPS receivers and navigation software. I am looking to use either Google maps or BB maps.

Not sure which GPS receiver to buy but need to buy before the weekend

I just got back from navigating myself all over the Netherlands with a GlobalSat BT-359, Google Maps, and the Curve ...... great combo ......

Sox1918_2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

Assuming I add a GPS puck and use Google Maps, does that monthly charge for GPS from AT&T come into play? thanks

Mike <------- Greenest of green newbies!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

mike - the only charge that will come from ATT is if you subscribe to the Telenav program - which is voice turn/by/turn instructions.

using google maps or other non-subscription based apps will be free of charge

im using the puch ATT sells too and it works great - and also subscribing to telenav

Sox1918_2004 no está en línea Stack level 1

Wow - I waited 4 minutes for that answer.....work harder to get it down to 2 mins or less next time

thanks cherri!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    mike - the only charge that will come from ATT is if you subscribe to the Telenav program - which is voice turn/by/turn instructions.

using google maps or other non-subscription based apps will be free of charge

im using the puch ATT sells too and it works great - and also subscribing to telenav
    I'm considering subscribing to Telenav once my bt-359 gets here. I'll probably do a two months and if it is good enough go for an annual.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ya... ^^ i've been subscribing for a few months now and i have, honestly, only used it a few times (played with it more)...so idk if i will keep the monthly sub or not...time will tell

i always ask people when they talk so much about the gps - do you get lost a lot?

ya... ^^ i've been subscribing for a few months now and i have, honestly, only used it a few times (played with it more)...so idk if i will keep the monthly sub or not...time will tell

i always ask people when they talk so much about the gps - do you get lost a lot?
    I just like the security blanket of having an exact idea of where I'm going. GPS is still novel to me even though I've had/used it in some capacity for so long.

RE: telenav, I like everything about it except that there is no caching. Apparently a lot of data you pick up form that device is not cached. :L

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by Sox1918_2004
    Assuming I add a GPS puck and use Google Maps, does that monthly charge for GPS from AT&T come into play? thanks
    The only "fee" for GPS is what you pay for your GPS app. Telenav through at&t is one GPS app of many that you can run on your BB. There's no reason to pay for Telenav if you intend to use Google Maps instead.

Some of us travel a lot. Even those that don't certainly don't know every street in our home cities (Houston is HUGE). A good (IMO) GPS app will also have a decent point-of-interest database for finding things (gas, food, whatever) near where you are or along your route.
    Last edited by takeshi; 06-28-2007 at 06:11 PM.

szumlanski no está en línea Stack level 2

I am having no fun trying to get Google Maps to work on my 8300. See:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

Tried two different GPS receivers.

ataller no está en línea Stack level 1

Good morning,

Just dropping a line to inquire if anyone knows of a mapping program with all the maps pre-downloaded? I do not have an unlimited data plan (25 MB thanks Canada), and if I were to use the GPS on a frequent basis with Google Maps it would get a little out of hand. I suppose it would even be worth it to buy a program if it meant that it did not use up large amounts of bandwidth.

Thank you for your time

Adam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast