hey guys. i just picked up my curve, first BB i've owned. i'm still getting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

GPS and blackberry maps question

Advertisement

hey guys. i just picked up my curve, first BB i've owned. i'm still getting used to it and was confused with blackberry maps. when i open it up, all i get is a grid, no map. i know the phone has gps but when i go into the options menu it says there is no gps source. do you need to buy something to make it work? also i got googlemaps but the only option there is for gps on there is bluetooth gps...

on a side note, is there a way to clear your call log without deleting each call one by one? sorry for the noob questions, but i'm a noob

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: GPS and blackberry maps question

You have to have a GPS receiver for the GPS to work for your Curve, or a GPS enabled Curve which will be releasing soon (8310). See some of the threads above.

To clear call log go into your message folder and hit Alt>OP>Delete Prior
    this will delete ALL calls at once.

Hope this helps
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

thanks for your help. as for the call log, what is OP? with blackberry maps, is there a reason why mine doesn't show a map, just a grid? thanks
    Last edited by jaymzb0nd; 10-12-2007 at 09:18 PM.

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

I wonder if you have no internet service with your plan, which is kinda not likely, but that is one possibilty I can think of.

Click the menu button (to the left of trackball) when you are on the main map screen, scroll down to Options. Once you are in Options menu, you will see how much data you've downloaded so far on the very bottom. It should say more than 0KB, if not, that means you have no internet connectivity.

that's weird because it does say 0 for data downloaded but i am 100% positive i have internet since i've been on the net with the phone... weird

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

Just a suggestion, but if you're sure you have a data plan make sure you set the maps application to allow connectivity to the net. I should have asked you when you installed google maps. I would make sure you set it correctly. Ill play with my curve to get the instructions and post another reply.

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

Go to your settings icon, advanced options, applications, (select your maps application from list) edit permissions, and make sure you allow data connection. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mrnrandazzo
    Go to your settings icon, advanced options, applications, (select your maps application from list) edit permissions, and make sure you allow data connection. Hope this helps.
    thanks for your help guys. when i open the edit permissions, there are three choices: Connections, Interactions, and User Data. I've made it so all are at "Allow" (two were at custom before) but it still doesn't work. i guess don't worry about it since i have google maps and that works fine, it's just weird that blackberry maps which came with the phone is giving me trouble. thanks again for all your help