I have had my new 8320 for about a week now, I've only really been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3

Gps

Advertisement

I have had my new 8320 for about a week now, I've only really been using the WIFI on it because i don't know much about GPS or how it works.
    So far this is what i think i know about GPS, you can use it on the phone but in order to do that you have to pay more then what you are already paying for your rate plan and BB plan. Is this correct or can i use GPS now with just my rate plan and BB plan through Tmo.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    If you have the $20 BB package on your T-Mo BB 8320, then you can use GPS to your heart's content if you have a bluetooth GPS receiver.

The device itself doesn't do GPS. Google Maps can give a fake GPS by doing cell tower triangulation. I have a Garmin bluetooth GPS for my 8320 and the $20 package on T-Mobile and it works just fine.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would double check with your provider

but this is what I know

GPS usies your Data Package to connect, so if you have a UNLIMITIED data pan you dont have to worry about charges.

I have the Unlimited Data plan and dont see any extra charges on my bill when i connect my GPS
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    I would double check with your provider

but this is what I know

GPS usies your Data Package to connect, so if you have a UNLIMITIED data pan you dont have to worry about charges.

I have the Unlimited Data plan and dont see any extra charges on my bill when i connect my GPS
    I noticed that you have ATT as your provider!
    ATT charges $9.99 a month to useage for GPS (TeleNav). You may need to check your bill. I get charge $6.99 a month through my Company discount to use my TeleNav on my 8310.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    I noticed that you have ATT as your provider!
    ATT charges $9.99 a month to useage for GPS (TeleNav). You may need to check your bill. I get charge $6.99 a month through my Company discount to use my TeleNav on my 8310.
    I dont use TeleNav

I use to use MapQuest Navagator but since have moved to the new Google maps...and I jsut checked my last 3 bills online and no charges

I have the Enterprise Data Package which is unlimited data as well
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    I dont use TeleNav

I use to use MapQuest Navagator but since have moved to the new Google maps...and I jsut checked my last 3 bills online and no charges

I have the Enterprise Data Package which is unlimited data as well
    My bad, I thought you were referring to TeleNav.....
    I should have asked, instead of assuming and you are correct when you use something other that ATT TeleNav.... Which is great, but really not worth the price.
    I just downgraded to the one with about 5 request for TeleNav.. Its is much cheaper since I don't use it that often... I will be paying $3.99 for that package!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

SamlvsBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just use google maps.. It is awesome!! And the new version comes with Street View!! u can see panoramics of the street u want.. Pretty neat indeed... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SamlvsBB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh and it's free!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    since you have a 8320 you don't get GPS in your phone unless you buy a bluetooth puck that will talk with your bb and turn it into a GPS device...samlvs is right...i have the 8320 and use google maps all the time and it's little GPS traingulation that it does is pretty accurate and is getting better every time they put out a new version of google maps...hope this helps

QYV
    QYV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc
    does anybody have any experience using a different Blackberry that DOES have a GPS receiver, for example the 8800.. as a bluetooth GPS source? is that at all possible?