my new 8310 has a habit of dropping EDGE for GPRS after i push send... ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

GPRS when I try to make a call

Advertisement

my new 8310 has a habit of dropping EDGE for GPRS after i push send... it really doesnt bother me because there doesnt seem to be a change in sound quality, its just strange tho...

as soon as i hang up, EDGE comes back. whats going on there?

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    My guess would be your on the edge of an EDGE service area, and your antena how ever you spell that, requires all the battery it can get to get EDGE so when you make a call it steals some of the battery and you lose the ummph you need to connect to EDGE so it drops to GPRS P if you get what im saying
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    My guess would be your on the edge of an EDGE service area, and your antena how ever you spell that, requires all the battery it can get to get EDGE so when you make a call it steals some of the battery and you lose the ummph you need to connect to EDGE so it drops to GPRS P if you get what im saying
    i follow that concept, but im not sure how valid the part about me being on the edge of EDGE is... my wife and i have always both had full bars for 3G and EDGE respectively. this 8310 is the only phone since i have lived where i now live to have this problem.