Hey guys, Not sure if this has been solved or asked before (did a search ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mleefiend no está en línea Stack level 1

GPRS to WiFI Proxy Tunnel Hack

Advertisement

Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been solved or asked before (did a search and couldn't come up with anything..) but I just recieved a T-MO 8320 and am currently using it on Rogers without a BB data or mobile (WAP) plan. Have two questions:

1. Has anyone heard of a hack or know someway of modifying current settings to allow apps (WAP browser/IM/Browsers) to use WiFi instead of GPRS? Maybe through the use of a proxy or tunnel?

2. Are there any GPS Navigation apps that DON'T require a data plan? Something where you can load all needed maps (ie, TomTom, Destinator, Garmin) onto an micro-SD card?

Much appreciated!

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: GPRS to WiFI Proxy Tunnel Hack

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I know that the browser can be setup in browser configuration to wifi or internet gprs/edge, don't know if apps can have any settings like this.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

I don't think there are any GPS apps that don't use data as almost all, if not all, download maps for your area as you travel.

mleefiend no está en línea Stack level 1

Actually found two GPS nav apps that allow you to have stored maps:

mgmaps dot com
    trackmyjourney dot co dot uk

Unfortunately, neither have North American maps. I've been playing around with them trying to create maps without much luck but I'm hoping maybe others will have more luck!