Hi All I am currently roaming with an 8310 and would like to know if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Connected no está en línea Stack level 2

GPRS data but no email, is it possible?

Advertisement

Hi All

I am currently roaming with an 8310 and would like to know if it is possible for me to stop email coming in without having to to turn off all data services, so I can still go on JiveTalk and surf the web etc.

Thanks and Regards
    Nick

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Nope, you can't just block the emails if you still want to use the internet. With the fire wall you can block SMS,MMS, BIS and PIN.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    You can deleted the e-mails addresses from your BIS account for now. And re-enter them when you want to recieve e-mails again.
    ~Lauren

Connected no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks, although a most heinous crime i know but thought of just sticking my sim in a nokia for a few days, i guess that will work?

it's a shame you cant go into your bis account and hold the emails for a few days, it seems the only way to stop the emails is by deleteing the accounts altogether.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually if you wanted just delete the service book for the account. When you need it back just just re-send them and everything should get pushed to you once its active again. Just a suggestion.