Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ok do how do i go about doing that... im going to have to pay ... BlackBerry Curve forum

maximiliaan no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

ok do how do i go about doing that... im going to have to pay for it? its not a problem just really need my bbm

by the way ur a great help thanks so much

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How long ago did you purchase the device? Do you have any way to contact the seller? Did you purchase the device in the States?

No, this isn't something you should have to pay for. If you have no way of contacting the seller, you'll have to contact T-Mobile in the States here in order to have them release the PIN. Since you're in Europe, I'm wondering if you couldn't also contact TMO in Germany, but I don't think that would do you any good if you purchased the device in the States.

no i bought it off a friend in china who had unlocked it there for all simcards... it worked because i wasnt using email or bbm cus u need to do that through a company in china they havnt set it up there for private use which is where i live... but im guessing im going to have to contact tmobile then... thanks ill report back if i get anywhere

Was this friend of yours the original owner of the device in the States? If not, then yes, you'll need to contact TMO to get the PIN released. Hope you get it resolved!

so i just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone with them. They swear that the pin has been release otherwise i wouldnt not be able to even make phone calls with the other service provider simcard and that it is no longer a t mobile cell phone... The insist that if movistar sells and sets up blackberries then they need to be able to set up the account for me.
    Im going to try call them again tomorrow with all the information u gave me and see if i can get to the bottem of this... if not im going to have to take a hammer to the phone... then put it in an envelope and send it back to the friend who sold me it ahahhaah
    anyway thanks so much for ur help!

Wow, sorry to hear that TMO was not very helpful. Did this friend of yours have it registered with another carrier by chance?

Anyway, sorry we couldn't get this resolved for you tonight (or this morning in your case!). Hope it works out for you!

Roger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12