Wow, I can tell there will be many happy hours playing with this nifty new ... BlackBerry Curve forum

scootersdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2

Got the Curve Today, WEP Key?

Advertisement

Wow, I can tell there will be many happy hours playing with this nifty new device. I'll muddle through it awhile and see what I can figure out on my own before I bore everyone with a million questions. But one major question has come up that I could use some help with...

How can I find out what my WEP key is for my home network Linksys router? I have spent an hour trying to track down the answer. I can't seem to get any of the number sites that everyone posts to come up. I did get one to give me a pop up window that asks me for username and password but I can't seem to figure out the right ones. Do I call my cable company and get them to help me through it?

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    If you never set one, then it should be the default, for the linksys router.

should be something like blank or admin, and blank or admin for the password.

Google your linksys model

http://www.google.com/search?q=defau...x=&startPage=1
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Your WEP Key is the password you set up to protect your home network.....

If you can't remember it, you can reset it to the default which is blank by unplugging the router, hold down the reset button for 10 seconds and then plug the router back in while holding the reset button.

For security reasons you will want to go into your router configuration and put a new WEP password in.

To get into your router you pull up Internet Explorer (or other browser) and browse to http://192.168.1.1

You will be prompted for a username and password.

These are the username and password combos for linksys routers.

Default user names:
    • Linksys BEFW11S4, WRT54G: admin
    • Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Ethernet routers: Administrator
    • Linksys Comcast routers: comcast
    • All other Linksys routers: [none]
    Default passwords:
    • Linksys BEFW11S4: [none]
    • Linksys Comcast routers: 1234
    • All other Linksys routers: admin
    Once you have your WEP password set up on your router you need to enter it in your BB under WiFi connections.

*EDIT: You will also need to ensure that all your wireless devices, laptops, desktops, etc. have the new WEP key assigned to the linksys router connection!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Sirthinks, I had to find another address because that url did not work but I found one that gave me the pop up and filled in the comcast username and password and it worked like a charm. Thank you thank you thank you! :-)

First time post to any forum via my blackberry. Yayyy!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Thumbs up

No problem. Had I known you were using Comcast I would have given the COMCAST instructions... LoL

Glad you got it working. Enjoy your Curve!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan