Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Hmm okay lol :P Just for you ! Ill open up a thread in the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Hmm okay lol :P Just for you !
    Ill open up a thread in the 9530 section with some pictures okay ?
    Coming soon.

Uploading some right now.
    Last edited by ranxoren; 12-17-2008 at 04:14 PM.

CocoB no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up It's a thing of beauty

Hi, I'm London based and didn't realize a new BB had come out.... slack I know! After much trouble with the postal service I received mine this morning. Slick doesn't begin to describe this handset. I am however disappointed that the basic themes are for want of a better word..crap...and seeing as it seems that no themes currently exist I guess I'll have to wait awhile before I can change anything. I read a review last night after I'd ordered it that the vibrate is weak on this baby but I also have an 8310 and with the new 4.5 release it has does the same thing. It will just have to stay close to my heart so I can feel it..sad I know but I've been using BB's since they came out over here...and I wouldn't use anything else. The Wifi capabilities are fab and compensates somewhat for lack of 3G.There is now a download folder as well as standard word to go, sheet to go and powerpoint to go, all neatly wrapped up in an applications folder. BB messenger has been replaced with an instant messaging folder. I haven't played with this yet to see if all IM apps will fall under this. The question is will RIM bring out a family of these beauty's as with the original curve...only time will tell but for now I'm happy with mine. Anyway I wish you all a fabulous Christmas and happy playing with those BB's of yours..

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoB View Post
    Hi, I'm London based and didn't realize a new BB had come out.... slack I know! After much trouble with the postal service I received mine this morning. Slick doesn't begin to describe this handset. I am however disappointed that the basic themes are for want of a better word..crap...and seeing as it seems that no themes currently exist I guess I'll have to wait awhile before I can change anything. I read a review last night after I'd ordered it that the vibrate is weak on this baby but I also have an 8310 and with the new 4.5 release it has does the same thing. It will just have to stay close to my heart so I can feel it..sad I know but I've been using BB's since they came out over here...and I wouldn't use anything else. The Wifi capabilities are fab and compensates somewhat for lack of 3G.There is now a download folder as well as standard word to go, sheet to go and powerpoint to go, all neatly wrapped up in an applications folder. BB messenger has been replaced with an instant messaging folder. I haven't played with this yet to see if all IM apps will fall under this. The question is will RIM bring out a family of these beauty's as with the original curve...only time will tell but for now I'm happy with mine. Anyway I wish you all a fabulous Christmas and happy playing with those BB's of yours..
    Thanks for the terrific report, I enjoyed it. Happy Holidays to You, & enjoy your new BlackBerry

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry Bold

yunitadiana no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask 1st
    Hi Sirthinks,,,I just got my javelin from T Mobile Germany. Now I'm so happy, cos Javey passed long journey to Indonesia. I've bought it from my friend about US$ 900 with QWERTZ.

All I wanna do is touch and adore my Javelin...Finally, I've got sexy Javelin and I feel special cos Javelin will launching on February in Indonesia
    So, I'm the lucky one...
    "Am I Javelicious for you??"

PIN/ID
    AskMe

mizmellyjelly no está en línea Stack level 3

I originally posted this in the incorrect thread

So far I love my 8900! However I'm already missing my 8310!

But the performance on the 8900 is SUCH a difference. Runs so much faster and smoother. I'm still getting used to the keys, because they're a bit flatter than the Curve's 8310.

What's a little bit difficult to getting used to are the font or display from the web browser, especially while viewing pinstack. I like opening web pages in "column view" but when I do column view for pinstack on the 8900, I still need to zoom in one more time and then each word or number is displayed line after line. For example:
    Home
    Forums
    Downloads
    etc

instead of:

Home | Forums | Downloads| etc

It's kind of ugly to look at.

And I can NOT download Google Maps for the life of me. Don't know if any other 8900 user uses this app, but it's one of my most used app from my 8310 and I'm getting a bit frustrated because every time I try to insert my phone # to have the link sent to me, it keeps saying "invalid phone number". Argh!

Also, still trying to figure out how to watch videos from Youtube. Keep getting an error message but I'll follow up on that. I think I just need to change some setting.

The camera and video recording is AMAZING. Video recording is NOT laggy at all. Very smooth and watchable. Just can't wait to watch a video from Youtube...>.<

update:
    Unfortunately the problem that I'm having with viewing Youtube videos is the same issue that Storm users are having. I get an error message: "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive."

So far, well from my research, there has not yet been a solution to this problem
    ..miz melly jelly™..
    Carrier: Rogers
    Device: rooted HTC Inspire 4G
    ROM: Virtuous Unity v1.27.0 with Sense 3

TwitterGoogle+

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I can't solve your other problems, but I am with you on the browser issue. I will not be buying a bew BlackBerry until RIM fixes the POS browser. I use column view on my 8110 and it works wonderfully, even with the narrow screen. It is true colum view where you don't have to scroll side to side, just up and down scrolling. And no zooming in and out. I played with a Pearl Flip browser (and heard about the 8900 browser) and they stink!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post

But the performance on the 8900 is SUCH a difference. Runs so much faster and smoother. I'm still getting used to the keys, because they're a bit flatter than the Curve's 8310.

What's a little bit difficult to getting used to are the font or display from the web browser, especially while viewing pinstack. I like opening web pages in "column view" but when I do column view for pinstack on the 8900, I still need to zoom in one more time and then each word or number is displayed line after line. For example:
    Home
    Forums
    Downloads
    etc

instead of:

And I can NOT download Google Maps for the life of me. Don't know if any other 8900 user uses this app, but it's one of my most used app from my 8310 and I'm getting a bit frustrated because every time I try to insert my phone # to have the link sent to me, it keeps saying "invalid phone number". Argh!

Also, still trying to figure out how to watch videos from Youtube. Keep getting an error message but I'll follow up on that. I think I just need to change some setting.

The camera and video recording is AMAZING. Video recording is NOT laggy at all. Very smooth and watchable. Just can't wait to watch a video from Youtube...>.<

update:
    Unfortunately the problem that I'm having with viewing Youtube videos is the same issue that Storm users are having. I get an error message: "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive."

So far, well from my research, there has not yet been a solution to this problem

Insurgent no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    I can't solve your other problems, but I am with you on the browser issue. I will not be buying a bew BlackBerry until RIM fixes the POS browser. I use column view on my 8110 and it works wonderfully, even with the narrow screen. It is true colum view where you don't have to scroll side to side, just up and down scrolling. And no zooming in and out. I played with a Pearl Flip browser (and heard about the 8900 browser) and they stink!!!
    The browser on the Curve 8900 is a bit poor I must admit, but for basic browsing it does the job. I primarily have problems with signing in to pages and the speed of javascript enabled pages over EDGE. Its not a problem, I just disable it, the signing in problem persists however.

I think they need to work on the speed it renders the page and the format for heavily tabled pages, such as forums. Oh yeah, the signing in problem is a particular problem when trying to get into pages like Pinstack. It seems to allow me to type in my user name and password but when I click "Enter" or "Sign In" it loads the same sign in page again and when I navigate into the forums I am not signed in.

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Insurgent View Post
    The browser on the Curve 8900 is a bit poor I must admit, but for basic browsing it does the job. I primarily have problems with signing in to pages and the speed of javascript enabled pages over EDGE. Its not a problem, I just disable it, the signing in problem persists however.

I think they need to work on the speed it renders the page and the format for heavily tabled pages, such as forums. Oh yeah, the signing in problem is a particular problem when trying to get into pages like Pinstack. It seems to allow me to type in my user name and password but when I click "Enter" or "Sign In" it loads the same sign in page again and when I navigate into the forums I am not signed in.

Anyone else experiencing these problems?
    I have no problems when signing into any sites. In fact that is one of the greatest features of the new browser. So what does that prove? That proves that RIM is inconsistent with what they are released. If it works on mine it should have done is sore out all these problems before shipping the product. B
    Never before have they release such sub standard work. This speaks volumed about their drop in consistency, quality, focus.
    ~via Archers BB Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mizmellyjelly View Post

Home
    Forums
    Downloads
    etc

instead of:

update:

Go to m.google.com on the BB and hit the google maps link, should give to you OTA link there.

If that doesn't work (it should) download and install the Blackberry master control program. Use it to pull Google maps file off the 8310 and install it to the 8900

Edit: Man i'm praying my 8900 is flawless.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Quote Originally Posted by bajanbastard View Post
    Go to m.google.com on the BB and hit the google maps link, should give to you OTA link there.

If that doesn't work (it should) download and install the Blackberry master control program. Use it to pull Google maps file off the 8310 and install it to the 8900

Edit: Man i'm praying my 8900 is flawless.
    Yea, right after I made that post I just discovered that the file was already on my computer so all I had to do was use DM to install it

One other thing that scares me about this phone is the LCD screen. I have to be more careful in terms of putting ANY type of pressure on the screen! Even when just wiping off dust or my make-up after using the phone. I'm always so cautious of damaging the LCD So sensitive!!!
    ..miz melly jelly™..

TwitterGoogle+

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Its actually really robust but like everthing just be careful

So I've figured out the problem with my YouTube issue. I figured it out while installing Opera Mini. I'll share it in case anybody else runs into this issue.

The APN in the TCP/IP settings was blank so the internet connection was not entirely set up.

All I had to do was go into my Options> Advanced Options> TCP/IP and enter the correct APN info. My old Curve was an unlocked AT&T so the settings were already set to wap.cingular. It really depends on your provider/carrier, so to find out the correct APN info, go here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.p...N/TCP_settings

so you can enter the correct APN, username and password.

I know most Storm users ran into the same error that I got but I have no clue whether it was because of the APN issue.
    ..miz melly jelly™..

TwitterGoogle+

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345