Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

What a sweet, sexy, sleek device. My initial impression is this is the phone for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Lightbulb Got My 8900 Curve (Javelin)

Advertisement

What a sweet, sexy, sleek device.

My initial impression is this is the phone for both men and women alike. The size is perfect. It fits the hand better than either the 8300's or the Bold. The screen is as crisp, if not crisper than the Bold. It is 480x360 resolution on a 2.25" (diagonal measurement) screen. This provides a tighter, brighter display than the Bold.

The keyboard is classic Curve with a Bold look. It has taken me all night to get used to it again, but once I sent a few dozen BBM's I was rocking as if I had never left the Curve.

Memory management is amazing. I am currently running Weathereye, Viigo 3.0.440, WL Messenger, Facebook, BBM, etc etc etc and still have 104.4 mb free application memory.

It took about 4 hours for the battery to fully charge. So far, after 5 hours of constant use, the battery hasn't depleted gone down even one bar.

As I said in another post, my only wishes for this device would be a regular usb port so I can use the same adapter to charge all my usb devices in the car, 3G connection, and more themes included in the shipped OS.

I purchased a bulk order of 8330 Curves a couple of weeks ago. I wish I had waited for this device to come out. Of course that would have meant moving my business accounts to Rogers.

Once I have played with this sexy baby a little more I will post a more concise report!
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 12-09-2008 at 07:53 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Great review. I wish it would hit T-MO already!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks for the firsthand report, Sirthinks!

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah this really needs to hit Tmo usa!

cbarry317 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes that review is much appreciated! Give us "Part II" after you get more time to really learn the ins and outs of the device.
    Thanks again

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great first impressions. I have a 8900 sitting beside me right here in its sealed box and were staring at each other lol.
    Too bad its a favor for a stacker i won't name lol i wont get to have my OWN haha doesnt matter i have my Storm and can play with somebody's Javelin at the office lol.
    "Anything for a Stacker"

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Well since the battery lasts so long, by the time time you actually need to find someone with microUSB it'll be more widespread, lol.

I saw on the Blackberry NA website standby time is something like 19 days...

Oh, and congrats on your acquisition!
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    What I want to see is the first person to use it in the US on Tmobile. At $480 USD unlocked it's cheaper than the Bold in Canada, not that bad of a price. they have to start showing up here right?
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    How Much is overnight shipping to Cali?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    Is there UMA support?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by furtive View Post
    Is there UMA support?
    No, for that I think you have to use the branded device, not an unlocked one. Cheapest unlocked 8900 on ebay is $800 usd (Germany). The Rogers devices aren't showing up there as of today. They will.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Congrats to you!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cbarry317 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

I cant believe that nobody knows the true answer of which carrier will get this device in the US. All of the info and secret sources that you ladies and gentlemen have....someone has to know!

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3
    I'll pay for a Rogers-branded unlocked Curve 8900. Serious. PM me and it's as good as sold.

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    WOW. I'm very jealous thats all I have to say. T-Mobile please come on and get it
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast