okay so last night i was drinking water, then some of the water fell into ... BlackBerry Curve forum
Got a little bit of water in blackberry. help please!
okay so last night i was drinking water, then some of the water fell into the trackball part.
the trackball still works and everything, but I'm wondering.
Is there anything else I can do to make sure the WATER IS ALLLLLLL OUT!! THANKS
Then i use an keyboard cleaner and blow out all the water in the trackball. I think all of it came out but im not sure.
do you think my fone will be okay?
hAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN WATER IN YOUR BLACKBERRY or someone in the keyboard?
If so tell me your story & tell me what happend. hehehe
You did the right thing with the air blast, but to be safe, you might want to wrap the device in some type of cotton or microfiber cloth and place it in a ziploc bag of rice for a day or two, if you can live without it that long.
Take the back off and remove the battery to check for water in there and before you put it in the bag of rice.
Yep completely submerged mine in water, took it out, pulled the battery and left it dry for a day after shaking some of the water out, and blow drying some of it, for like half an hour. Anyway the next day it didnt seem to work right, and eventually didnt want to start up (i dont think i let it dry enough) but then I took it completely apart and used some electrical cleaner on all the parts, and left it open the rest of the afternoon, put it together in the evening and everything worked fine
It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.
j just took the battery out, see no water in the back.
Okay, leave it out, wrap the device and put it in a bag of rice overnight or for a day or two if you can. Since it wasn't totally submerged you're probably okay, but better safe than sorry.
the one thing I learned while working for AT&T for 2 years was to NEVER EVER EVER blow dry it. our tech guy who could repair ANYTHING told me that blow drying it could fry the circuits if it was still wet. can anyone verify this for me?
And if the phone is truly FUBAR, the last resort (which works half the time) is to get a bottle of windex, and spray front and back, then put on a towel near a window with sunlight or about a yard away from a heater vent on top of a towel. the second method is if your phone just aint gunna work any other way. *this is a last resort*
Well remove battery cover and battery. Let the battery itself dry for a minimum of a day, just to be safe.
Leave the phone alone with the back facing up or towards a drying device. You could try the other methods such as rice or blow dryer, but I like to wrap the phone in a microfiber cloth, and leave it in a very dry area, or even in the sun.
Do not turn it on to test if it works during the process. Be patient, and make sure and checked that it is thourougly dry.
Just my $0.02
Tags for this Thread