from verizon 3 days ago. spent about 45 minutes in the store, sales rep said ... BlackBerry Curve forum

r.hes no está en línea Stack level 1

Question got a new 8530

Advertisement

from verizon 3 days ago. spent about 45 minutes in the store, sales rep said she was waiting for the data to start working. i had to get to the office so i said i'd deal with it or end up calling customer service...
    turns out the pin for the new phone apparently is associated with a telcel account. also, when i went to log in to the bis site, it rejected my user name and password. spent hours on the phone with verizon - who said they saw no record of the bis username on their end when i've had it for 5+ years, and then also rim, problem's still not resolved. waiting on a call back from rim. just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue and what the outcome was?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats on the new device, but I don't see how it can be "new" if it is associated with an account from another carrier.

I'd go back into the store and demand a new device......a REAL new device. Sounds like this might have been a refurb, that wasn't quite "refurbed", if you know what I mean.

There's no way a "brand new" phone, out of the box would be tied to another account.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yeah like Roger said, there is NO way that a NEW, never before used phone can be associated with another account. Sounds like maybe it's one of those phones that someone bought, used for a week or so and then returned it to the store. Take it back and get a NEW phone. Good luck