Is there anyway to unlock the Google Maps application so it recognizes the bluetooth GPS ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chevy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404b86e

GoogleMaps

Advertisement

Is there anyway to unlock the Google Maps application so it recognizes the bluetooth GPS puck I have. Currently it only allows me to get directions based on fixed points. I was able to get bb maps working on my curve, however it doesn't do turn by turn directions. (unless I did something wrong there too). I do have Google Maps 1.5.2

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

Re: GoogleMaps

Do you not like the Telenav Maps? I'm brand new to the whole BB world and read that GoogleMaps was much better and that I should DL and install that application. But if if doesn't give turn by turn directions, then I might just stick with Telenav.

Additionally, is the only way to DL GoogleMaps via online? And if so, can you tell me more about it so I don't screw everything up?

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

try mapquest navigator its the best GPS turn by turn program out there not only that its free i have tried them all and its the best

PIN/ID
    2404b86e

Quote Originally Posted by Wstsydthug
    Do you not like the Telenav Maps? I'm brand new to the whole BB world and read that GoogleMaps was much better and that I should DL and install that application. But if if doesn't give turn by turn directions, then I might just stick with Telenav.

Additionally, is the only way to DL GoogleMaps via online? And if so, can you tell me more about it so I don't screw everything up?
    From what I have read Telenav is a great program. The only issue I have is that there is a cost involved with it. Why pay for something that you can get for free?

I've used google maps before on my 7130e but without bluetooth support. Now that I have it I want to utilize it.

You can download google maps by pointing your bb browser to www.google.com/gmm . That will allow you to download it OTA.

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    try mapquest navigator its the best GPS turn by turn program out there not only that its free i have tried them all and its the best
    How well does this work for non-GPS turn by turn directions?

I've trying to decide between:

Telenav
    BB Maps
    Google Maps
    Other

***Edit 6/5/07 846PST***

I just dl'd Google Maps and its nice to have the business listing feature but I think Telenav is better for detailed driving directions. Google Maps does it ok but you have to wait for the maps to load. It's not a listing like it is in Telenva.
    Last edited by Wstsydthug; 06-06-2007 at 12:46 AM.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Wstsydthug
    How well does this work for non-GPS turn by turn directions?

I've trying to decide between:

Telenav
    BB Maps
    Google Maps
    Other
    Having used them all, I deleted BB Maps and kept Telenav and Google Maps. I use Telenav for real-time navigation (its awsome!) and Google Maps for finding stuff (its lookup capabilities are awsome). Both work great at the same time for a tethered bluetooth GPS (I have the Navtech bluetooth GPS device).

Rick

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I will be buying the visiontac vgps 700 puck shortly, does it work with the blackberry 8703e?

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

googlemaps on my new curve doesnt offer gps support like it does on my pearl 8100! also where/how to get bb/maps program?

PIN/ID
    2404b86e

as far as getting bb maps on your bb, if you have att then you have to unlock the program. the below link was something I asked and found. Read the post by mogfrey. It was his post that pointed me in the right direction. Its actually pretty easy to do once you do it. If you need help you can pin me.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...tml#post291267

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Try www.Nav4All.com It is free multi-language and does turn by turn directions. It will use the internal GPS if you have one and it uses Bluetooth Receivers too.

I looked on http://www.mapquest.com/mobile/ and Mapquest Navigator is a free 30 Day Trial and then we have a monthly fee for it.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 06-06-2007 at 09:47 AM.