Hey I hope I word this question right. Is there an app that will work ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Google Talk or Something Like it

Advertisement

Hey

I hope I word this question right. Is there an app that will work on the Blackberry 8310 like Google Talk does on the PC. Where if the person is not avaliable you can leave them a voicemail (via their username) and they will receive notification in an email and can listen to it, instead of you calling them (which can get expensive). Reason being is that some of my friends are in other countries and it would be great if there was an app that if they are not online I could leave them a voice message and it would show up in an email that they have a voicemail. Not all my friends have Blackberry's and even some of my Blackberry using friends do not like to PIN. I know you can send a voice recording as a MMS message but depending on your carrier, that can also count up $$wise. Just thought I would ask and see if the Stackers here know of anything. Thanks in advance.

mikew no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Google Talk or Something Like it

Try this service: http://www.gizmoproject.com/ It's free and you can either have your calls to be forwarded to your cell phone for like $0.017 a minute or they can leave a voicemail that will send the voicemail as a .wav attachment to your email. My fiancee' calls me everyday on her Nokia N80 with WiFi internet calling, since Gizmo integrates seamless into her phone. I have the mobile version: http://gizmo5.com/pc on my BB 8320 to IM and call her if needed when I'm way from WiFi. You can add your Windows Live and Yahoo contacts to IM with.
    Last edited by mikew; 11-17-2007 at 11:35 PM.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Re: Google Talk or Something Like it

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.