Dear all, I have the Blackberry 8320 Black Emerald and i installed Google maps the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Guru86 Guest

Google Maps issue

Advertisement

Dear all,

I have the Blackberry 8320 Black Emerald and i installed Google maps the installation ran fine.

Upon opening it i keep getting a network error and it doesnt load.

The error is

"Network unavaliable, This application requires a connection and some Blackberry devices require reconfiguration to work properly.

Please visit www.google.co/uk/gmm on your computer for more info."

Then for some weird reason the GPRS goes down to lower case is there a conflict issue between the BIS service and Google Maps this is a new replacement im not sure why it isnt working...

My coverage in my house is fine and i can send and recieve e-mails. i tried battery pull but still google maps doesnt work.

Do you think maybe i shud install through WIFI?

It worked fine on my old telephone

Regards

butcheredboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Google maps? Also have you played with the permissions? Perhaps something isn't set correctly.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    I have an 8320 and it works fine.

Have you resent Service Books? Done a battery pull?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Are you sure you have a strong signal? You can send and receive emails with almost NO signal. From the main menu page, press and hold alt key and then type in n,m,l,l to convert your signal meter to a number and post back what you have - the lower the number the better the signal.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Guru86 Guest
    Tried battery pull still not working.

Im going to reinstall it, i had a problem with my GPRS and it wouldnt load etc. Let me have another go.

Getting around 71-74

Also i tried reinstalling it still keep getting the above error!
    Last edited by Guru86; 10-06-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Guru86 Guest
    I have tried everything including sendng the service books and reinstalling...

Anyone else has any other ideas???

Let me know.

Do i need to install any other Google apps?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Your signal's plenty good. Have you tried another application like BB maps just to see if you can access that? You can get it here.

What release of the OS are you running?

Is your internet access OK? Do a few Google searches/site accesses to make sure if you haven't. I've used Google Maps for a long time on BIS, both GSM and CDMA networks without a problem.

Did you download OTA from m.google.com/gmm? I notice the msg you posted said "Please visit www.google.co/uk/gmm on your computer for more info." Are you in the UK and do they have a different site for download than the US?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Guru86 Guest
    Dear all,

Yeh im running on 4.2.184 i believe,

I can access WAP no problem but it still wont work.

Even wifi takes the mick sometimes i have to switch between browsers for it to work but when i switch back it doesnt work again.

I installed the Google App without any problems.... seems like the maps application wont work. brand new replacement as well.

Also for some weird reason Blackberry Maps isnt working neither?

I've given up!
    Last edited by Guru86; 10-06-2008 at 11:59 AM.