Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by epiticus1 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I notice a lot of Google Maps users ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kosin no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I notice a lot of Google Maps users saying that it shows their location within 2 meters but my only shows within 1700 meters. Are my settings off or could it just be where I live? I'm in the Midwest but I don't know if it's my settings or just my signal. Just sucks to know I'm on one street and the GPS shows me on another. Any help?
    I have similar problem, but find the way to make it work. It seems that Google Maps doesn't turn on the GPS in your phone by default when you start application. So first open the Blackberry Maps which will start looking for satellites and then open the Google Maps...

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Google maps for at&T users- 8310 curve

Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

By the way. I have the BB8100 and I am also on the AT&T.
    Are you using an external GPS puck? The 8100 doesn't have a built-in GPS. Unless you have a puck all you are seeing in Google Maps is the cell tower triangulation, which isn't nearly as accurate as GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by kosin View Post
    I have similar problem, but find the way to make it work. It seems that Google Maps doesn't turn on the GPS in your phone by default when you start application. So first open the Blackberry Maps which will start looking for satellites and then open the Google Maps...
    It works just fine on my 8310 without having to load BB maps. Sometimes I have to wait almost an entire minute for it to initialize (depending on location), but it eventually works.

epiticus1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    Are you using an external GPS puck? The 8100 doesn't have a built-in GPS. Unless you have a puck all you are seeing in Google Maps is the cell tower triangulation, which isn't nearly as accurate as GPS.
    So this means I'll have to purchase equipment to get GPS on my phone? I should have gotten the Curve. This Pearl is starting to let me down.

Yes, you'll have to purchase a GPS puck if you want GPS on your 8100. Yes, since you're on AT&T you should have gotten the Curve since they now offer the 8310 model, which has built in GPS. There is also a GPS enabled Pearl, the 8130, but I don't believe it's offered by AT&T at this time, only the 8100.

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

I have a 8300. If I purchase a gps puck and use google map, will I need any other program in order to use the gps. I really don't want to pay att another $13 to use telenav.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddynow View Post
    I have a 8300. If I purchase a gps puck and use google map, will I need any other program in order to use the gps. I really don't want to pay att another $13 to use telenav.
    Assuming you already have a BlackBerry data plan, all you need is the GPS puck and Google Maps. No additional services and/or programs are necessary.
    Last edited by bonebox; 02-15-2008 at 07:08 PM.

hoosierdaddynow no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249f8227

Yeah, I have data plan. Thanks for the quick reply

Jeffreyefrank no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

What is the best way to delete a website / application in the 8310 curvre that you downloaded but decided not to keep?
    Thanks.

BRGFATHER no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF5E7

I am having a problem loading google maps on a fellow worker of mine ATT 8310. I get the error meassage "Sorry Google Maps does not work on your mobile pre 2003".

I have tried the sites
    mobile.google.com
    google.glm.com

I tried the links posted on pinstack but still get the same error message.

I have it installed on my 8310. I tried the same links on my 8310 and get the same error massage.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by BRGFATHER View Post
    I am having a problem loading google maps on a fellow worker of mine ATT 8310. I get the error meassage "Sorry Google Maps does not work on your mobile pre 2003".

I have tried the sites
    mobile.google.com
    google.glm.com

I tried the links posted on pinstack but still get the same error message.

I have it installed on my 8310. I tried the same links on my 8310 and get the same error massage.

Any ideas?
    http://www.google.com/gmm

Bodhi70 no está en línea Stack level 1

My BB curve is only a week old and I'm using Google Maps obsessively! I love it!

green no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Try going into your GPS and refreshing it. Mine did the 1700 meter thing too until I refreshed the GPS and reset the phone. Options/Advanced/Function key/Refresh GPS. Just for **its and giggles do a battery pull after ya do that and it should be fine.

mhighland no está en línea Stack level 1
    My 8300 will not download the google maps. Says "can not support Windows Mobile pre 2003". Anyone know anything about this?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I have Google Maps running fine on my 8300. However (at first) I had the same problem you are having. The fix is to find the right link for the 8300. It's been awhile so I cannot remember the exact details, however you will easily find it by using your computer to google it. Once you find the correct link it will be easy. Mine works great.

via RedBerry *8310* (wap.pinstack.com)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12