Ok I realize this is beta, however using the "my location" feature while at work, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3

Google Maps

Advertisement

Ok I realize this is beta, however using the "my location" feature while at work, it works perfectly. Yet when I go home, it then thinks I'm 30 miles away. According to the "my location" feature, it relies on cell towers to triangleate my approximate position.

The strange thing is, there are 2 cells towers about 3 miles south of my house, and 4 more northeast, again about 3 miles. Why is the "my location" picking up a cell tower 30 miles away when I'm at home?

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is the estimated meters at the bottom of the screen? Are you within the shaded area around the blue circle or is it way off?

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just as a side note, Yahoo Go shows me using the correct cell tower, but Google Maps has me using a tower about 8 miles away. These results are from standing in the same spot at home...

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Google maps might not be picking up the cell tower. It's not an exact science with that program, more of an estimation. YOu can scroll to where you are and mark that as a favorite so when you are looking for things, you choose "my favorites" and it will find things marked around that spot.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Dunno what to tell you but mine works fine I mark my fav fishing spot at the lake lol! Maybe one of these dyas it will pick up your location!! It is fairly new!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by data1025 View Post
    What is the estimated meters at the bottom of the screen? Are you within the shaded area around the blue circle or is it way off?
    Well at work I am within the shaded blue area. At home, it's not even close. The center blue dot is in Akron, Ohio and the shaded area is in the surrounding burbs of Akron. Akron is at least 30 minutes or longer from my home. As for your other question, I don't see the estimated meters info on my screen, do I have to zoom in?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Don't feel bad. Google Maps puts me five miles from my home...in the middle of a swamp. Apparently it thinks my name is Shrek.

It would be great if you could set your current location and move the blue dot/circle to that place. I would think that this information would help train the Google network better so its more accurate for everyone.