i have the tzones and it works fine for me surfing the web. but i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

google maps

Advertisement

i have the tzones and it works fine for me surfing the web. but i installed google maps. does it use the tzones connection to get its data or is it using the normal data plan? i dont want to get a huge *** bill because of google maps. it hasnt thrown any errors, and gets the maps and such just fine. but there is no options to change how it gets it data
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Normal data plan. You shouldnt be able to do too much browsing with JUST tzones anyway. Tzones only allows you to browse their immediate mobile site on your phone, and its still very limited. With the data plan you have unlimited browsing of anything, including apps that use data service, which includes Google Maps.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I believe it should be fine. Ive done it with my T-mobile Dash never got a huge bill. T-zones is one of T-mobiles Loop holes to the internet. They try to block many ports but some things just get by. So use until they block Google maps also.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Normal data plan. You shouldnt be able to do too much browsing with JUST tzones anyway. Tzones only allows you to browse their immediate mobile site on your phone, and its still very limited. With the data plan you have unlimited browsing of anything, including apps that use data service, which includes Google Maps.
    i go anywhere on the internet with tzones.... everywhere. no overages. i pay the 6 bucks a month to use it.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Then you have the data plan that regular mobiles use...which is actually not supposed to be possible if youre using a BB lol...i have the $6 plan so I know what you are talking about...that isnt Tzones that is Tmobile Web. Anyone with Tmobile automatically gets Tzones as a service...but to be able to browse the internet you need Tmobile Web...which is the $6 service. You're lucky, my BB doesnt allow Tmobile Web as a service and I have Tmobile. The only negative thing is you cant do real web browsing like with the $19.99 unlimited blackberry service.

Tmobile Web might work for your phone for now...but since you are using a BB you might not be able to access to many apps w/internet that way.

On a regular mobile phone (not a BB) Tmobile Web would be enough for apps to access the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Then you have the data plan that regular mobiles use...which is actually not supposed to be possible if youre using a BB lol...i have the $6 plan so I know what you are talking about...that isnt Tzones that is Tmobile Web. Anyone with Tmobile automatically gets Tzones as a service...but to be able to browse the internet you need Tmobile Web...which is the $6 service. You're lucky, my BB doesnt allow Tmobile Web as a service and I have Tmobile. The only negative thing is you cant do real web browsing like with the $19.99 unlimited blackberry service.

Tmobile Web might work for your phone for now...but since you are using a BB you might not be able to access to many apps w/internet that way.

On a regular mobile phone (not a BB) Tmobile Web would be enough for apps to access the internet.

i apologize for the confusion i cased calling it tzones.... anyways, in the beginning they allowed me to have it when the curve had been out for like 3 days. then 3 weeks later i couldnt surf the web with it. i called and bitched and got it back. idk man, i dont see why they would care if you used the $6 plan or not. no email( oh well, the last thing i want is work email coming to my personal phone), and i havent been stopped from any sites i want to use from here, to google, to espn, to preludepower, to anywhere. so idk, ill just keep riding the $6 internets.

as for apps, the espn app, facebook app, and google maps all work with it. just wanted to make sure it was rolling through the t-web and not some other crazy "costing money" thing.

also, you said you couldnt get it with your blackberry. why not? my gf has a pearl and i got her on this plan too.... hmmmm.

thanks for input guys.

PIN/ID
    N/A
    i have no idea why. i even tried changing the phone on tmobile.com to see if i can work around it but it says i cant use the service when i try and connect with my bb. and when i tried to get tmobile web through tzones on my phone it said it wasnt compatible. might be a browser config thing. oh well though lol im happy with unlimited service