I've downloaded iskoot and tested it out on the newest tmobile firmware. Sometimes it has ... BlackBerry Curve forum

smanky no está en línea Stack level 1

Good skype client?

Advertisement

I've downloaded iskoot and tested it out on the newest tmobile firmware. Sometimes it has problems connecting to skype or logging me in, and I tested making a skypeout call and the call quality wasn't really that great.

I'm trying Nimbuzz right now but (1) I'm not sure if I like the interface and (2) I don't see a way to make skypeout calls. When I try to call a phone number in the "address book", it dials it from the phone and not skype. So I think I'm going to uninstall it.

I've looked at WebMessanger too, but I don't like that you need a client on your skype computer. I keep my computer on all the time, but if there's an outage or my computer freezes, I'm guessing that means WebMessanger won't work.

I would like to know about some other free options.

The main features I want are:

(1) Make SkypeOut calls from application (doesn't matter if it uses minutes or data, but data would be nice)
    (2) Make SkypeOut calls from my phone address book
    (3) Free (or if it's great software, inexpensive with trial period to make sure it works well)
    (4) Good call quality

Thanks.

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    Nope I'm sorry, for free you can't get nothing more........IM+ Skype costs 20 bucks but worth every cent you spend.

On EDGE Curve you can make skype calls paying with skypeout credits.....not in 3G Bold: you can make skype calls for free like from your pc....
    9700 5.0.0.442 BIS WIND ITALY

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    Hello smanky,
    With IM+ for Skype you can call any Skype contact or any landline over the world, chat, send Skype™ SMS, use voicemail and use any connection type as 3G⁄GSM⁄CDMA/Wi-Fi.
    You can see the full feature list of IM+ for Skype at http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...&page=features

Regards,
    Irene
    SHAPE Services
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    If it was only $20, I might splurge for it. But it's $30, and I really am only interested in the chat functionality. If skype chat was part of a IM program, I would seriously consider it. But $30 for the ability to chat to skype clients seems a bit steep. (I know IM+ for Skype does lots more, but I wouldn't use it, so for me, $30 is a bit steep.)
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I didnt even know there was a skype client for BB, awesome ! Cherri and I will be able to record the PSCast ON THE GO !!! lol

shapeservices no está en línea Developer
    Hi applejosh!
    True, IM+ for Skype costs $29.95, but you can use a promotion code SHAPE10 until the end February with $10 discount. So the application will cost only 19.95 for you. You will get lifetime license, all future updates are included and you will have free technical support.
    Hope this will help!

Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    If it was only $20, I might splurge for it. But it's $30, and I really am only interested in the chat functionality. If skype chat was part of a IM program, I would seriously consider it. But $30 for the ability to chat to skype clients seems a bit steep. (I know IM+ for Skype does lots more, but I wouldn't use it, so for me, $30 is a bit steep.)

goddimus no está en línea Stack level 1
    You might check out iskoot as well. It is free. I can't link it but just google for iskoot

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by shapeservices View Post
    Hi applejosh!
    True, IM+ for Skype costs $29.95, but you can use a promotion code SHAPE10 until the end February with $10 discount. So the application will cost only 19.95 for you. You will get lifetime license, all future updates are included and you will have free technical support.
    Hope this will help!
    Well, that certainly changes my perspective a bit. Thank you.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3