Ok.. Looking for a little advice.. I just recently bought an 8310 (refurb) from AT&T ... BlackBerry Curve forum

n2SpEeD125 no está en línea Stack level 2

Going on 3rd 8310

Advertisement

Ok.. Looking for a little advice.. I just recently bought an 8310 (refurb) from AT&T and the first one I received had terrible audio problems so I had them send me a replacement which would reboot by itself in the middle of any call I made or received.. So once again, a replacement was ordered.. The 3rd 8310 which I still have seemed perfect until i started to actually use it and found that the letter "o" would only type if i pressed the key in a certain way.. Didn't think it would be a problem but it's getting to be one.. So, what to do, order yet another replacement or would getting a new keyboard set possibly fix my problem.. I don't have a problem with opening the phone up but if someone maybe had the same issue and tried the keyboard replacement, I would like to know if it worked.. Thanks..

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Return the handset and try again. Keep doing so until you get one that functions properly

akrifay no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree with adict fo sho tell em to get you one that works...were they all refurbs? Is so buy a new one maybe?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeah, definately send it back. The 8310 is a great work horse of a phone. Refurbs are a roll of the dice SOMETIMES. Buy it new and see. I would put my refurbed 8310 up against anyone elses new and not worry. Good luck.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Yeah.. I was thinking of trying another replacement.. The refurb was much cheaper (29.99) compared to buying a new one.. The phones were in perfect shape except for the problems i encountered with each one.. Makes me wonder if refurb just means putting a new housing on and reselling it with whatever original problem it had before it was "refurbished"

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Refurbished never get a new housing or the such. It is basically the way u buy a used car, "as Is."

You can keep trying with refurbs or just solve the problem yourself.
    Should be correctable with a new keyboard, but I personally would have kept the rebooting one and just loaded a new OS on and bam been all set.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    It sucks that you have to pay to get it. Did all this occur under one year? If so then you are still under warranty and they shouldn't charge you a penny. They should send you the 8320. A friend of mine had issue with her 8300 and her trackball, she returned it and they sent her the 8310. Hopefully that will work out the same for you.

I just went through a device exchange because my first 8320 (TMO) had issues where it would freeze a lot, and now with my current one that I got two weeks ago it's having the same problem. I'm currently waiting on mine to ship. So this will be the second device I get exchanged and the third I have had in total.

All 3 phones I received had brand new housings on them.. Not a scratch or fingerprint anywhere on the phone.. Plastic on front and back of phone.. I've bought and seen lightly used phones and they all show some kind of wear but these housing were brand new..

Just a little update.. Went to the ATT store and exchanged the refurb for a a brand new 8310.. Everything works like it is supposed to.. No more refurbs for me.. Lesson learned..
    Last edited by n2SpEeD125; 01-30-2009 at 11:38 PM.

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Same here, the last phone I received was brand new.

~via Blackberry~