I have an 8330, using Sprint. The icons on my home screen are SOOOO tiny ... BlackBerry Curve forum

geekygURL no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Going blind!

Advertisement

I have an 8330, using Sprint. The icons on my home screen are SOOOO tiny I can barely tell the difference between them. I have tried exploring all of the options but cannot find a way to make the icons larger. If there is a solution, please post it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    There is no way to alter the size of the icons, that is setermined when the theme is created. However some themes are made with bigger icons than others.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks, Azstar. Can you recommend any good themes (or any good sites where I can get themes)?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    make a request in the theme making forum for theme with large icons for folks with bad eye sight.

Will do, catstide (love your avatar, BTW).

I did try looking at the themes available here on this site, but for some reason most don't have pictures so that I can preview them.

How about something like this one: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d.php?p=834130

Or this one here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...hone_look.html

In this second link, go down to post #15, there are OTA links to the theme in Zen, Icon, and Today styles...just choose the one for the 8300 series in the style you want. The iPhone type themes have large and easy to distinguish icons.
    Last edited by azstar; 08-25-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    ...or, if you like the more simple-looking and playful themes how about this one?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    ...or, if you like the more simple-looking and playful themes how about this one?
    Haha, I knew before looking that it would be a scribble theme , your favorite!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Haha, I knew before looking that it would be a scribble theme , your favorite!
    Of course you did! It had to be either that or Pinstack. What else could a simpleton like? Actually I'm very complex - while I browse through my simple Scribble theme I'm listening to Beethoven string quartets and NPR at the same time. (There's something wrong with me! )

(I hope I don't get an infraction for getting off topic.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thumbs up

Wow -- thanks. All great suggestions. I will try out a few and see which is easier on my 40+ eyes!

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by geekygURL View Post
    Wow -- thanks. All great suggestions. I will try out a few and see which is easier on my 40+ eyes!

:-)
    Your eyes aren't old. Post back and let us know what you decided when you come up with your choice(s).

mithed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31b2be00
    It may seem strange but the icons that came on my vzw curve were pretty large. You might look around for that theme and see if it works for you. Plus you can amuse your friends by having the vzw logo on your sprint phone.

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was thinking of the same thing mithed, the verizon icon theme is big with 5 icons per line. The only downside to the vzn is the icons keeps on resetting every time you do a battery reset.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=32771

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Your eyes aren't old. Post back and let us know what you decided when you come up with your choice(s).
    I loved the scribble one, but didn't find it easy enough to read, so I decided on the iPhone one.

Thanks for your help everybody!

Glad you found one you like. Keep looking from time to time. These guys come up with great new themes every day...literally.