Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yeah i just have my gmail forward to my blackberry. i like that even if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

883l no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

yeah i just have my gmail forward to my blackberry. i like that even if i delete it off my handheld, it's still in my box.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't even bother with the GMail app. Sure it's nice to archive email on the road and even use it to look up email contacts but I already have the contacts I need in my BB address book... and I can simply archive email when I get home or near a computer.

liltone08618 no está en línea Stack level 1
    push is the best as i have found out from doing test messages between the gmail app and push. push gets the message within seconds whereas with the gmail app it may take a while or not at all.

uofmguy85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A5114B
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Unfortunately BB alerts can only do one color for all emails, I wish it would do seperate ones too, and it won't alert for the gmail app, only emails that get pushed.
    That's not exactly true. The newest version of the Gmail app has a setting labeled: "Notify me when there is new mail in my Inbox. (Edit your BlackBerry Profile to customize notification.)"

When you turn on this setting AND leave the program running (i.e. do not hit the app button and then choose "Exit Gmail") there is a new setting in the profiles for "Gmail - New Mail". This only works when the setting is turned on AND you load the program and leave it running.

Unfortunately the differing colors for different emails doesn't appear to be an option like you state.

Hope this helps.

BTW I forgot to mention that I use PUSH 95% of the time... I have the app installed but don't run it unless I need to get at something in the archive (I have EVERYTHING saved in Gmail ).
    Last edited by uofmguy85; 09-11-2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Added my BTW addition...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    We were not talking about the gmail app having an alert, but the "BlackBerry Alerts" 3rd party application which does not integrate with the gmail application so the gmail app can't be assigned one of the custom color options available with the BlackBerry Alerts application.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

geekygURL no está en línea Stack level 2
    What does "push" mean in this context?

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i prefer gmal ap

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    I use push from day one. I have the app and do occasionally use it to find old emails.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cheepseets no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just went back to push after using the app for a week. Some reasons already mentioned re html and links work in push but not in gmail app.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12