Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm just wondering because I'm a Verizon Curve 8330 user and I have a Gmail ... BlackBerry Curve forum

M.J.H. no está en línea Stack level 2

Question What do Most Gmail Users Do on Their 8330? Gmail Application or Push Email?

Advertisement

I'm just wondering because I'm a Verizon Curve 8330 user and I have a Gmail account, and I'm trying to decide which makes the most sense and is the most practical. It is somewhat annoying that my BlackBerry push email and my Gmail aren't linked. So if I delete and email on my BlackBerry email it's still in my Gmail inbox, etc. So I was thinking about downloading the Gmail email application so it's right on my phone.

Now the thing that maybe annoying is can I still set my BBAlerts to flash a specific LED color with the Gmail application?

I'm just wondernig what is the easiest way to do this. Thanks!

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I use the push service with BIS. As for the inbox issue. You need to set the option for delete on either "prompt" or "delete on mailbox and handheld" in the options within the messages - menu options - general --- where you will then have to select the email related to the options you want to set.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    I use the push service with BIS. As for the inbox issue. You need to set the option for delete on either "prompt" or "delete on mailbox and handheld" in the options within the messages - menu options - general --- where you will then have to select the email related to the options you want to set.

Correction; You set it up with Email reconciliation......... Email> Options> Email Reconciliation> Delete On: "Prompt."
    Last edited by stnkyq2; 09-08-2008 at 11:48 AM.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You can set your emails to delete on handheld and gmail inbox if you wish. Go to messages/options/email reconciliation/select your gmail account and change "delete on" to handheld and inbox, or prompt.

Unfortunately BB alerts can only do one color for all emails, I wish it would do seperate ones too, and it won't alert for the gmail app, only emails that get pushed.

I just use the push email, not the gmail app, my personal preference...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Oh. My mistake. Email reconciliation is correct.

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    Push email only.

Abercrombie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    i use the push too
    Sprint Curve red♥ & AT&T Bold
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter

phinger23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i use both, as somethings dont always show up in the push so ill use the main app to look at somethning.

dleimer no está en línea Stack level 1
    Push email using IMAP

Realbrisk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Gmail app

You can set bb alert for gmail in the gmail app> options

flyerno9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304F193C
    I've tried both and I
    Like the Push best.

rlevine no está en línea Stack level 1
    i use BB push email. i set it up as soon as i got it. it worked, but some minor irritating flaws were present, such as the deleting like you say. also, any time i sent an email from my BB, it would also get sent to my inbox; on my BB and in my standard gmail account.
    i then re-set it up following the blackberry-specific instructions on the gmail site and it's working flawlessly now. imap, of course.

-randy

buckeye81 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Gmail app. Don't have to worry about sent items not showing up because of BIS pop, and with the app there's only one main address book.

The conversation view is also a preference. Also, I don't have to worry about losing emails because of memory leaks. The most recent app upgrade is a huge improvement, too.

There are still a few things that BIS does better. However, it's all a matter of your personal preference. Try both options. BIS is push, a tad bit quicker program performance, and you can view more attachment types as well as send attachments. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm running 4.5.0.77 and I use push since the HTML emails now display on the phone. I am not happy about the 2.9 meg attachment download limitation....

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Can't edit the post above. If you don't like receiving a copy of the email you sent, login to your BIS server and create a filter that will not forward email from yourself to the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast