Ok I dont know how to change this but how do I make it so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

gmail email sent folder

Advertisement

Ok I dont know how to change this but how do I make it so that emails sent from my blackberry sent via gmail have the email saved to the sent folder on the gmail server. I have the option set to save outgoing mail in sent folder but when i send emails from my blackberry it doesnt save them in my sent folder when i log into gmail on my desktop! If anyone can help let me know!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: gmail email sent folder

are you sure the BB is using the gmail account and not another email account on BIS?
    I have no issue with saving sent messages
    when composing, scroll up all the way and select "send using"
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

yeah well i only use gmail, i have three gmail accounts setup and one that is through tmobile that has the tmo.blackberry.net extension, but yeah the other three I use are all gmail. When I just checked my sent folder when logging into gmail non of my messages I sent are there!

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

First, when I used BIS for GMail, the only way I found this to work was with POP set up, not IMAP. I use an alias on GMAIL (a different @server.com address) and I wanted to maintain the "thread" capabilities of GMail. With IMAP - it didn't do this, sent mail would go to sent folder, but would not be in a thread. I believe it did this due to filters I set up on GMail.

This could also be that you do not have filters set up on Gmail to ensure these are treated as Sent mail.

I'm a fan of GMail app - which bypasses all this and provides fulls search and contacts.