Hi all. I was wondering if googles gmail client is a better way to use ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s-one no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail client vs BB email?

Advertisement

Hi all. I was wondering if googles gmail client is a better way to use email than BB messaging system. For those of you who use the gmail app, are you liking it mich better? I suppose one disadvantage is you don't get the email notifications via gmail app.

Thanks,
    s-one

mich = much

Sorry about the mispelling. Trying to get a handle with my new curve and qwerty.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    You can actually have gmail notifications if you install the gmail app instead of just using the online wap version. Under its settings, there is an option to use profile alerts but haven't tried it yet.

Haven't tried using "push email" for gmail. A lot have said its pretty good.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use both...I use BIS to send and receive emails...the GMail client is too slow. I use the GMail client to search for emails, archive, star, etc. Neither one is complete....I wish I could do it all from one of them, but you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    I use both...I use BIS to send and receive emails...the GMail client is too slow. I use the GMail client to search for emails, archive, star, etc. Neither one is complete....I wish I could do it all from one of them, but you can't.
    Well to clarify you can do it all...its just too slow for sending and receiving email, IMO.

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Thumbs up

Right now I'm using BBSmart but I am really waiting to see the OS 4.5 e-mail viewer, I hear its a big improvement.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

Oh I see. Maybe I should give gmail a try. Is gmail slower because of Edge, Curve, or gmail itself? Email improvements with the newer OS? Can't wait for that. Looking forward to it. Thanks for inputs.

glumpster no está en línea Stack level 1
    I bit the bullet and invested in the Empower Pro software package. I just wasn't enjoying the email experience through BBmail, and needed to deal with mulitiple email accounts including Gmail and Yahoo. I also was pretty unhappy with how links were presented in the available formats.

I'm very pleased with what Empower Pro provides, though it could be with the new OS it will just be duplicated through those improvements, but who knows. I was unhappy enough to spend the bucks to get past the frustration.

the glumpster

glumpster, I know exactly how you feel. If you think about it, we shouldn't have to pay for "html" formatted emails. That's absurd. RIM should really include this to their BB OS's. But in the end, I may have to purchase Empower Pro too.

Quote Originally Posted by s-one View Post
    Oh I see. Maybe I should give gmail a try. Is gmail slower because of Edge, Curve, or gmail itself? Email improvements with the newer OS? Can't wait for that. Looking forward to it. Thanks for inputs.
    The app I think...I had it on my EVDO 8703e previously.

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I use both. However I use the application with the blue "M" icon ()
    (found here: m.google.com/a ) It also allows me to check my email @ pinstack.com

Cheers
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Quote Originally Posted by s-one View Post
    glumpster, I know exactly how you feel. If you think about it, we shouldn't have to pay for "html" formatted emails. That's absurd. RIM should really include this to their BB OS's. But in the end, I may have to purchase Empower Pro too.
    BlackBerrys were original designed and used as business tools first and foremost. It is for this reason that HTML email has not been a concern, nor was it included. HTML email poses a greater security risk, and has more potential to compromise the speed and stability of their push mail system as well. You have to remember that it wasn't until the last year or so that RIM has been pushing the consumer side of their business.

The cries are being heard however, and RIM is working on releasing HTML email. A few things to keep in mind are that it needs to be applied server side before the devices can benefit. It is being introduced to the BES environment first, and those of us on BIS have to wait until our respective carriers decide to update their servers. In other words, you can hope it comes soon, but don't expect it to automatically be there the day 4.5 is officially released.

^^Certainly understand. Thanks much.