i just put the gmail app on my curve and was wondering if there's a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

GMAIL app question

Advertisement

i just put the gmail app on my curve and was wondering if there's a way you can delete mail from the gmail app without deleting it from the actual gmail account. i know you have the option of deleting from phone or deleting from phone and email when you use the blackberry service for emails

i don't like having all of my messages on the phone in case i ever lose the phone so i've always had a habit of deleting all of my texts/emails every night when i go to bed. thanks

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    If you want this feature because of security concerns (i.e. in case of loss) then I would suggest enabling the password protection for security. Its a good idea, regardless.

Among other things, if you do lose the phone, and someone attempts to access it, the phone will wipe itself after 10 unsuccessful attempts to log on to the phone.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Using the gmail app, deleting a message will take it out of the mailbox. They are connected, and I don't see a way to change that.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks

ryan7977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    you can set the blackberry to where you delete it on the blackberry, it WILL NOT delete it from the gmail inbox. you go to options from within the mail program, and go to email reconciliation, and for the "delete on" option, choose handheld, and "on conflicts" choose mailbox wins

i think that's what your asking, and i hope it helps.

EDIT---i think i see now..you are using the actual gmail app. why not just set up mail through the mail client on the blackberry, this way you can use the above settings i outlined?

ducker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21BBD499
    I have a G-Mail account aswell but I do NOT have the "G-Mail App." installed on my 8100, so I essentially have my G Mail messages pushed to me so when I delete mesages from my phone it does not affect my G Mail Inbox. Does that make sense?

I am not sure if this answers your question correctly but hope this helps.

thanks guys. i've had my gmail account set up on my phone and just as you guys have said, i had it where i could delete the messages from my phone without deleting from my actual gmail account.

i liked the gmail app because i could search through the mail however now that i think about it, if i had it set up the way i liked where i would delete the messages every day, i wouldn't be able to search for messages so sorry for wasting everyone's time

ducker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21BBD499
    No worries.

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Use the archive on the GMail App. Then it doesn
    t matter if you need to get the message back