Hey everyone, i just want to say i love this forum, you guys have helped ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jbradyg no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail app issues

Advertisement

Hey everyone, i just want to say i love this forum, you guys have helped me immensely on newbie issues....but im gettin the hang of it

Anyways,
    I just upgraded to the 8310.....so i have 2 gmail addresses: 1 i have set up so it shows up in my message inbox, and fo rmy other one i just used on the gmail app that i downloaded. Heres my problem-

when i downloaded the gmail app, whenever i get an email to the email address i have linked to the app it shows up in both the app AND the sms/mms/email folder, whereas on my last curve they would be separate. Keep in mind i only setup 1 gmail address through the BB server but both are showing up in my folder. Any ideas why? Its not a big deal but it was nice to keep those separate since i could just check the one email at my leisure instead of being notified everytime i get a new email. Thanks for reading!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Gmail app issues

this is a new version of gmail app so it might now have the option to notify you in Messages. I haven't downloaded it just yet so not sure. Try checking under Options in the gmail app

ok, so apparently i was asking the wrong question....i guess whenever i send an email from the gmail address that i have configured into my bb, a copy of it shows up in my msg inbox. So, to rephrase my question, how do i turn off getting a duplicate email??? it seems too easy but for some reason i cant figure it out....in my email option settings i have Confirm Delivery, Confirm Read, and Send Read Receipts all turned to 'No'...is there another place that im forgetting about?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

if when you send from the BB you are getting the sent message back to your BB then you need to log into your BIS and create a filter to not send those to your handheld
    Try this: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...send_mail.html
    Last edited by cliffr39; 12-07-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Thank You!