I downloaded it...but it doesn't tell me wen I get new emails...I have to manually ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa

gmail app

Advertisement

I downloaded it...but it doesn't tell me wen I get new emails...I have to manually refresh before they show up. I click on show wen I have new emails in the settings...even went as far as to delete the bb default gmail email from my bb..and the gmail app still doesn't notify me or automatically update or receive my new emails. Y?

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    Would it not be better to just let Gmail push to your bb?
    PIN 245FEDBE
    AIM Dansnov1086

Dan

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansnov1086 View Post
    Would it not be better to just let Gmail push to your bb?
    A lot of people choose the Gmail App because of it's familarity with the gmail interface. Adding stars, etc.

Regarding the gmail app not refreshing, are you exiting the app each time? If you are, that's why it's not working. It needs to be constantly running in the background for you to be notified of new messages, otherwise, you need to constantly go in and refresh if you are exiting the program each time. I'm running a 8900 and haven't had any issues with the app so far.

Good luck.

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    A lot of people choose the Gmail App because of it's familarity with the gmail interface. Adding stars, etc.

Regarding the gmail app not refreshing, are you exiting the app each time? If you are, that's why it's not working. It needs to be constantly running in the background for you to be notified of new messages, otherwise, you need to constantly go in and refresh if you are exiting the program each time. I'm running a 8900 and haven't had any issues with the app so far.

Good luck.

Ok, I never understood the benefit until now. Thanks.
    PIN 245FEDBE
    AIM Dansnov1086

Dan

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Yeah when you exit the app make sure you use the red button

cuggi5 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f53efa
    I do not hit menu and click exit..- hit the hang up key,I've tried sending emails to myself, my push gmail account receives fine. So I deleted the push account, and left only the gmail app, and it still didn't receive unless I refreshed it via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Btw gmail refreshes like every 15 min so its not push~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~