Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I believe this is the answer....Don't quote me...even though I quoted you down below. When ... BlackBerry Curve forum

zaldin no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Gmail account ON 8300

Advertisement

I believe this is the answer....Don't quote me...even though I quoted you down below.

When you send a message from your Gmail account on Blackberry, it automatically puts a copy of the email into your GMAIL account with the label "Sent".

Now, here is where it gets complicated. Are you ready?

Gmail treats all emails as the same....think of it as one big Inbox...every single email sent / received / etc is really just in your Inbox as there are no folders....Gmail uses labels instead.

So with that said, when you send an email from your Gmail account on your Blackberry, it puts a copy of that email in your GMAIL account (again, think of GMAIL as one big Inbox).

Your blackberry sees it as a new email in your GMAIL account that it did not see before and therefore downloads it.

The only way to get around this "getting a copy of each email you send" is to send set up a Blackberry filter in your Blackberry Web Client.

Ex. Filter out emails sent from you to you.

-Zed

Quote Originally Posted by ginahla
    everytime i send an email from my Gmail account on my 8300, it send me back the same email i just sent out back to me. i checked if all the settings are correct and they seem to be. is this normal becuase when i email from my aol account on my 8300 it doesnt send me back anything? I NEED SOME EXPERTS HELP ON THIS PRETTY PLEASE!!!!

alevy1122 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Gmail account ON 8300

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    -

Not quite true, unless there's been an update recently. You do not have the ability to assign labels in the mobile app on a blackberry. Therefore it doesn't really add much over just using BIS and takes up resources on your BB.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    i meant more in terms of GUI and organization, but that's a good point. there are a couple of annoying things about the app, and that's one of 'em. not being able to open attachments that aren't pictures is another.

that said, i like it cuz it keeps everything organized like my web-based gmail, and i can deal with not being able to label til i get to a computer..

i also haven't found it to be all that much of a resource hog - and as an earlier poster noted, exiting the app doesn't leave it running in the background.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12