Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

on my 8310 I have a little envelope that shows that I have one message ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mrwalleyeman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243ea07a

ghost message and missed call

Advertisement

on my 8310 I have a little envelope that shows that I have one message and also that I have one missed call.When I go to the messages there are no messages and when I go to my call log there are no missed calls. I have tried to pull the battery and that doesn't get rid of iti have tried to delete email accounts and my call logs but the ghost message still shows and so does the missed call. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Matt

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

Re: ghost message and missed call

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Have you tried changing themes and changing back.

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

The same thing happens to me every now and again on my 8830. I just go into my messages and highlight todays date and select mark prior opened. same thing with the call logs. I have no idea what causes this to happen but this is what has gotten rid of it for me.

Hope it works for you!! Let me know

Jake

PIN/ID
    243ea07a

ok I tried to change themes and then back that didnt get rid of the ghost message or the missed call that rammerjammer mentioned. i also tried to go into messages and mark prior opened that didnt work. and the missed call thing still shows up even when i try to delete the call logs

PIN/ID
    2140331B

Have you checked to see if you have a voicemail or not? and also under phone options go to call logging and check none then save. let us know if that takes care of it.

PIN/ID
    243ea07a

Ok no voicemail and i went into phone options and the call logs were already at none so then i changed it toall calls ,then changed it back to none and the missed call is still there. the messages still shows 1. So any other ideas that may help. And i just got to thinking about this is my treo 700wx does this to me all the time and a big hammer took care of that issue. Just kidding about the big hammer. Ok back to the 8310 anything else that may help. also thanks for the help so far Jake. I do appreciate it and you also jammer

PIN/ID
    243ea07a

ok the rogue message was in the saved messages folder, but i still have the missed call after doing all that. i dont really wanna have to reload the os if i dont have to but i will if it is necessary. thanks again jake for your help. maybe i should just stick to fishing lol. Any other suggestions on the missed call part?

PIN/ID
    2140331B

It seems to be a pretty common problem with the os of the 8310, most places i look say that you have to do a handheld wipe.

The only other thing i can think of doing is calling yourself (check voicemail), and while your connected to your voicemail, call your cell phone from a landline or a buddies phone and press ignore after a few rings. This will propogate a "real" missed call under messages and your call log. If your missed call indicator goes from 1 to 2, it might be time for a wipe handheld which i can explain if we have to go that far.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Mine does this to me sometimes too. I'm using a theme I made. When this happens to me all I do is switch to an orginal BB theme, then switch back to My Theme. After that we all good and no more "ghost message or missed call"

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    243ea07a

ok i tried that and it changed from one to 2 so i guess when you are ready to walk me through that phone wipe. also sorry it took so long to get back on here i ahd some business to take care of
    Last edited by mrwalleyeman; 01-22-2008 at 09:47 PM.

PIN/ID
    243ea07a

well i think im gonna wait on the wipe and reinstall the os. cause i just bought this thing last week and still have about 20 more days to return it or exchange it. but thanks for your help on this matter jake i do appreciate it

r1ckynutz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D1B73

mine doesnt do it too often but restarting it usually fixes it for me

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the same problem on my 8310 and I know when it happened. Here's a detailed explanation of my situation:

I downloaded a program from Audible.com, and while running the apparently buggy program, my phone froze for a few minutes. During the time it was frozen, I was called by a friend, twice; my phone vibrated during the calls but because of the frozen program I was unable to answer. Those two calls I missed never showed up in my call log (because phone was frozen maybe?) but my friend confirmed that she called twice.

Anyways, now I have a "2-missed-calls" icon permanently there. When I miss another call it becomes a "3-missed-calls" icon, and so on. This happened in my past and I just wiped/reloaded the OS, but I don't have enough time now to reload all my settings and programs again. AND the last time I did this, I tried using the "restore" feature, but it also "restored" my "missed-calls" icon, unfortunately.

Needless to say, I will just be waiting for the 4.5 OS before I wipe. I just hope that RIM can fix this annoying glitch.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You do not need to wipe the handheld. For the "MISSED CALLS" icon

First of all DON'T delete your call logs.

Open up your Call logs. Look for the contacts with the Missed calls icon.

Scroll to them>Hit Menu(BB button)>select View History.

That should make the icon go away. Along with the one on the homescreen.

jimdab no está en línea Stack level 2

Doesn't work for me though. The calls that are causing the icon to be there are not in the call logs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast