Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I got a brand new pearl (box was still sealed) off craigslist for $120 so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W

Advertisement

I got a brand new pearl (box was still sealed) off craigslist for $120 so you could try there. Be careful though, it aint ebay!

Congrats on your birthday and good luck in getting your phone.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    You can be on a contract if you have the phone activated so I guess there really isn't a downside...I think I'll be checking eBay a little more often.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Noah.D no está en línea Stack level 2
    So now that I am beginning the search for an 8330 on eBay. What's a good price and what's too much?

EDIT: Here is the one I am currently looking at at. Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Noah.D; 09-08-2008 at 02:35 PM.

What is the most I should pay?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

kylebryant no está en línea Stack level 2
    I bought my 8330 from verizon for 106 got an instant rebate I wouldn't take no for an answer. I just complained alot

jeanne4kats no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    Well, you could ust add-a-line for $10.00 a month? Of course you would be tied into a 2 year contract anyway, but then you do have to pay whatever price they have for adding a line. I did that to get my Curve, I have 3 lines and share minutes and have the BB Plan for the Curve and calls only on the other 2 lines but that is just me. I had to pay $129.00 after rebate but now Sprint has the Curve for $99.00 after rebate, so it depends on how your plan is now set up but you could just put talk only on the other, what ever floats your boat!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Blackberry-8330-Curve-Verizon-Wireless_W0QQitemZ220280025808QQcmdZViewItem?hash= item220280025808&_trkparms=72%3A1163|39%3A1|66%3A2 |65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

There is one that I just found for a really cheap price. Tell me what you think. It does not say anything about a contract or anything like that. Pretty cheap price so far if you ask me.

UPDATE: I won the bid!!! I should be getting my curve next week... Can't wait.
    Last edited by Noah.D; 09-11-2008 at 09:17 PM.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    After reading this thread I decided I wanted to add my 2 cents.

First of all, Congratulations on your purchase, the 8330 is a great device.

I have bought and sold quite a few blackberrys on ebay and here are a few tips. When I am looking to purchase an item I look at the newest listed items and "buy it now" prices. The best deals are the ones just listed not the ones that have been at auction for a few days. Also it is my experience that items that are listed with both a starting bid and "buy it now" price tend to go over the buy it now price providing the Buy it now is not above the average. People just get caught up in the excitement of the auction and completely go stupid. The next item on the list can have a "Buy it Now" price of less than the current bid price and they will still keep bidding just to "Win".

Here's my advice for ebay buying. Do a search for the item you are looking for and find the ones ending first that are what you are looking for "new, unopened, etc" follow a couple of them to find out what the final bids come to, that will give you a good market value. Now go to "Newest" listed items not the ending time ( in other words work your way backwards thru the listed items) and comb thru those items. The best deals will be found right after they are listed, before someone else finds the item and it's gone. I make almost all of my purchases thru Buy it now, however if I do bid on an item I "never" bid on it until the very end of the auction. Open 2 browser windows and watch your listing on both. When you get down to the last minute or 2 of bid time enter you bid in one of the browser windows but do not confirm it until about 15 seconds before the auction ends. Keep refreshing the window you have not entered the bid in, when the action time gets down to 15 seconds quickly switch to the window with the bid confirmation and enter your bid. This will greatly increase your chances of placing a winning bid. Always know the maximum price you will pay and enter this amt. there will be no time to up your bid later.

I hope this helps anyone thinking about purchasing on ebay. Also always read your sellers feedback. Even though the seller may have a seemingly good feedback score, read read read the feedbacks. Find any negative or neutral feedbacks and read what the issue was. If the seller is not cooperating with the buyer to resolve any issues or the seller seems angry or has attitude stay away from that seller. Chances are his/her good feedback score is purely luck and only because his items have few issues, it does not mean the seller has the "customer comes first" attitude if any issues arise. Also make sure the item has a money back guarantee and if it's a used item make sure the ESN is guaranteed clear.

Hope this helps anyone looking to buy their device thru ebay.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

microdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Congrats

Congrats on your purchase. Now all you need is a (take a deep breath)

1. Nancy Drew Theme
    2. Custom paint by Becky Mae
    3. BSE..."Best skins ever" or maybe decal girl

It doesn't stop. I highly recommend all 3.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12