Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So I have a verizon 8330, official os 4.5.0.56, with a BES running 4.1.6, I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jeff2jay no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

So I have a verizon 8330, official os 4.5.0.56, with a BES running 4.1.6, I pulled Battery, I resent service books, and updated the table, The emails come through in html format, but when I choose get images, it does nothing. What am I missing? Is there another setting that needs to be changed with Verizon Curves?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sometimes it'll take awhile before the e-mails start coming in correctly.

Is your BES up to date with Service Pack 1?

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    I've updated my service books, updated the host routing table, and did a battery pull (not in that order) and I still haven't received the images. Now I don't know what else to do. I mean I can go back to 4.3 but that defeats the purpose of upgrading. I guess i'll just not worry about.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 08-24-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: font color
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

The BES is up to date, is there any settings other than enable content rich format? I get the html format from my comcast email, but it won't get images. Does anyone on a verizon 8330 have html working?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff2jay View Post
    The BES is up to date, is there any settings other than enable content rich format? I get the html format from my comcast email, but it won't get images. Does anyone on a verizon 8330 have html working?
    I am not familiar with BES, so someone else will have to answer that question.

As for the images from your Comcast account, you will have to manually request the device to download images for security reasons. When you open the message, press the BB menu button and select Get Images.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam123gil View Post
    I've updated my service books, updated the host routing table, and did a battery pull (not in that order) and I still haven't received the images. Now I don't know what else to do. I mean I can go back to 4.3 but that defeats the purpose of upgrading. I guess i'll just not worry about.
    Sam,

Are you getting e-mails in HTML format, but just not getting images? If that's the case, please see my response above.

Thanks,
    Roger

I do go to the menu, and choose get images, it just never loads.

I do go to the menu, and choose get images, it just never loads.
    I see. Is this a device your employer provided for you? Can't say for sure, but it could be an IT Policy they have set on the device.

It is a company phone, but I know the bes admin, is there something we need to look at in the policy that should be updated or changed?

It is a company phone, but I know the bes admin, is there something we need to look at in the policy that should be updated or changed?
    Yes, it would be something he could change, but again, I'm not familiar with BES, so don't know what they can and can't prohibit on a device.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm assuming Sprint already updated their BIS server to support HTML email? So just by simply updating my Curve's O/S I should be fine?

How do you check to see if your BIS is updated?

How do you check to see if your BIS is updated?
    No way really to check on the site, I don't think, but if you're running 4.5 OS on your device and you have re-sent service books from BIS, you can tell if it's been updated by seeing if you have the Enable HTML Email option in your Email Settings (and of course you've been receiving HTML e-mails).

Quote Originally Posted by glenn01 View Post
    I'm assuming Sprint already updated their BIS server to support HTML email? So just by simply updating my Curve's O/S I should be fine?
    Yes.

chinoxs203 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by szumlanski View Post
    Do a battery pull, resend your service books, then update the host routing table (in that order). Then the option to allow HTML email will appear. May need to reboot again. It should now work, but only with NEW emails that come in.
    thanks. worked for me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast