I've just taken delivery of a new 8320 on Orange. i phoned them and activated ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Mag1922 no está en línea Stack level 2

Getting BIS working on Orange

Advertisement

I've just taken delivery of a new 8320 on Orange. i phoned them and activated the phone about 12 hours ago and they said they'd send a few texts through to me to set it all up. The calls, texts, wi-fi etc work fine but i can't acces any of the Blackberry stuff. The status screen says BIS is not connected, the maps don't work and i have no email configuration logo on my menu.

Can anyone let me know how long it takes for Orange to send it all through or do i have to call up a seperate number or something to activate BIS? I just need to get it working asap.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Here's the link to get you started, Mag. Create your new account here and set up all your e-mails and such.

And welcome to PinStack! Let us know if you have any further questions:

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=orangeuk

Thanks for the link, i tried that earlier on and i get a message "This device is already registered with another service provider". I don't know why it says that, i had it brand new directly from Orange.

Did you tell them on the phone that you were getting that message? The PIN is locked to another carrier and needs to be released by whoever that is. This usually happens only on secondhand devices, not new, out-of-the-box devices.

Just rang them again and they said whoever set it up this morning hadn't done it correctly. Just had a promise of it all being sorted tonight so will let you know. Love the forum by the way, will be a regular i think!

All working now just so you know, someone just hadn't pushed the right button this morning. I must say the Blackberry looks like an exciting phone :-D

Great to hear, Mag! Glad you're up and running!

Here's a great thread to get acclimated to PinStack to learn the ins and outs of our great community!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/firstvisit.php

You have a wealth of knowledge at your disposal here!

Looking forward to "seeing you around"!

Roger