Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The dropped calls are occurring because of the Edge-UMA handoff. It doesn't work right for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rachaelp no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

The dropped calls are occurring because of the Edge-UMA handoff. It doesn't work right for some reason. So if you are walking around your house on your phone, and your phone loses WiFi and switches to Edge, you might drop your call. Same thing happens in reverse. Or if it switches from one WiFi network to the next. It's just not seamless and it's frustrating!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rachaelp View Post
    The dropped calls are occurring because of the Edge-UMA handoff. It doesn't work right for some reason. So if you are walking around your house on your phone, and your phone loses WiFi and switches to Edge, you might drop your call. Same thing happens in reverse. Or if it switches from one WiFi network to the next. It's just not seamless and it's frustrating!
    This is very possibly the case (or close to it) in many instances but the frustrating thing for me is that I can answer a call without moving from my desk and still drop a call - it's not just my physically roaming around and handing off EDGE to UMA or vice versa (I don't even HAVE EDGE coverage in my home) - the UMA signal never drops so there's no "hand-off" for me and the call drops (not always.) It's very inconsistent. Often when the 1st call drops, the caller calls right back and the call doesn't drop. Strange.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

posvic no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2446C873
    After a few months without problems making or receiving UMA calls I find myself unable to connect to any call on UMA at home. I have not changed the set-up of my Belkin N1 Vision router since installation. I have no problems with data connections - browser and apps work fine - just UMA calls, either incoming or outgoing. The router is on my desk, within 2 feet of the phone, so signal is as good as it gets (not a handoff to EDGE).

I did notice that the WiFi flips from black to gray, but UMA does not switch to EDGE.

Quote Originally Posted by posvic View Post
    After a few months without problems making or receiving UMA calls I find myself unable to connect to any call on UMA at home. I have not changed the set-up of my Belkin N1 Vision router since installation. I have no problems with data connections - browser and apps work fine - just UMA calls, either incoming or outgoing. The router is on my desk, within 2 feet of the phone, so signal is as good as it gets (not a handoff to EDGE).

I did notice that the WiFi flips from black to gray, but UMA does not switch to EDGE.
    ...and our cases are both inconsistent and don't appear to make sense although yours went from perfect to not-at-all, mine both drops calls and works perfectly throughout the day. I never know when I'm going to lose a call or be able to have a long conversation.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Before when I had a belkin pre N router I have experienced a lot of drop call, now that I got the tmobile branded linkysys everything is running smooth with some "tweaked" settings.

I suggest getting tmobile router, if you would like to know my router setting, just pm me.

vonyo no está en línea Stack level 1
    if u are using FIOS, that might be part of the problem, when im at my girl's house, i always get a call failed there....but like other people said it also could be the router

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    Before when I had a belkin pre N router I have experienced a lot of drop call, now that I got the tmobile branded linkysys everything is running smooth with some "tweaked" settings.

I suggest getting tmobile router, if you would like to know my router setting, just pm me.
    I already got and returned the LinkSys router. The T-mobile rep said that I'd have to install it in tandem (true or not) with my DSL router, (get AT&T to put theirs in "bridge mode") and it started to sound like a potential cluster headache so I sent it back. I think I could have probably installed the T-mo routine IN PLACE of the AT&T but the T-mo rep never indicated that I could do that. Two routers in my house is one too many.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12